Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Glad to finally add this for a reasonable price.

1998-stadium-club-one-of-a-kind-2.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
For guys who recently added 1998 pinnacle cards from the new batch to hit the market - How is the condition of the cards? Peel in tact?

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
For guys who recently added 1998 pinnacle cards from the new batch to hit the market - How is the condition of the cards? Peel in tact?

Overall condition is terrific. It's hard to see in the pic I posted but the protective peel is started to come up about a millimeter the whole way around.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Thx. Interesting. Mine look beat up. Lots of surface scratches and peeling. Mouschi's source is diff than eBay guy so maybe that's the diff but I suspect both sellers know each other and the source of the cards is the same.

Sonic311

Jun 14, 2016
Paramount, CA
Anyone here pick up any of the 1995 Pinnacle Artist's Proof Wrong Foils that were up on eBay?
Seller had a couple dozen with a bunch of the big names.
I landed the Piazza, glad to finally cross this one off the list.

Dec 4, 2008
Anyone here pick up any of the 1995 Pinnacle Artist's Proof Wrong Foils that were up on eBay?
Seller had a couple dozen with a bunch of the big names.
I landed the Piazza, glad to finally cross this one off the list.
I was just going to ask that. I put in mid tier bids for all when posted but got busy with life and forgot about them completely. Griffey went for $100, like 1/4 of what the last one went for. Came away with a handful but definitely should have gotten more aggressive. Ripken was cheap too at $120. Great deals to be had here.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/202079884415

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I guess mine were literally on the bottom of the stack of cards that were lying on the floor!!!

It sounds like we may be seeing more of these. I'd be interested in know what kind of condition issues are out there. Is the peel off the card and the card is scratched or is the peel just roughed up a bit?

Matthew J Burrows

Jun 7, 2016
Southeast Alaska
Haven't posted any pickups the last few months but I've slowly been picking up a few higher/mid ends that I wanted to share:

IMG_1397.jpg

Haven't seen many 2000 Topps Stars /99 parallel's out there. The Platinum press proof was especially exciting as I've seen people on this thread mention how hard they are to come by. This is the first I've seen available since I got back into collecting.

IMG_1399.jpg

Haven't seen much of these either! The lighting in my place stunk tonight so you'll have to forgive the thumb lol

IMG_1400.jpg

Big shout out to Mouschi for the hookup on this one! Thanks again for the most unique card in my collection so far!

IMG_1398.jpg

I overpaid like crazy for the Established but I had seen it come and go thanks to snipes 4 times...not again :D

I'm still on the hunt for the Fortune 15 refractor, The Early Road to the Hall Refractor, and of course the Team Pinnacle Gold with Larkin. Please let me know if you come across any of these! I check this thread daily and really enjoy everything I'm learning about all these unreleased cards!

Last edited:

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Thx. Interesting. Mine look beat up. Lots of surface scratches and peeling. Mouschi's source is diff than eBay guy so maybe that's the diff but I suspect both sellers know each other and the source of the cards is the same.

They are different sources - Pinnacle was in the same area they were, so it is a hot bed of sorts for these kinds of cards to come out.

Solid

Funny that his comment to me was “these were cards that I picked up off of the floor on the way out of the door.”

Ahh, you spoke to him - that answers my question I had out to you then.

He said the same thing to me - that kind of enhances the story imo, about the cards almost having been thrown away.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
The seller I dealt with was aware of the other guys stuff...or it seemed like he had seen the blues and golds, and some statement he made implied (to me) that both guys split something from Pinnacle

It's very possible I misunderstood

Am curious how much of this stuff is still around...pls don't let it be a ton otherwise I might regret what I've paid!!!!

They are different sources - Pinnacle was in the same area they were, so it is a hot bed of sorts for these kinds of cards to come out.

Ahh, you spoke to him - that answers my question I had out to you then.

He said the same thing to me - that kind of enhances the story imo, about the cards almost having been thrown away.

Members online