Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
One of my buddy's asked me whats the deal with this card, i have had it a while and really dont know. i know there are many back door cards in this set. i have never seen another with the numbering like this. Anyone else have one like this?

Image4_zps577d1f39.jpg

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Companies often printed cards like the Bernie. When a damaged card would come it it would be replaced with the same serial number. I sent a damaged 1999 Finest Gold Refractor McGwire 92/100 and had returned an undamaged McGwire 92/100. The damaged card should have been destroyed and after 18 months the unused ____/100 cards "should" have also been destroyed. Obviously some found the backdoor and why not I mean what value is there and who would collect a card with a missing serial number.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Companies often printed cards like the Bernie. When a damaged card would come it it would be replaced with the same serial number. I sent a damaged 1999 Finest Gold Refractor McGwire 92/100 and had returned an undamaged McGwire 92/100. The damaged card should have been destroyed and after 18 months the unused ____/100 cards "should" have also been destroyed. Obviously some found the backdoor and why not I mean what value is there and who would collect a card with a missing serial number.
;)

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008

Upper Deck would Hand Sign most replacements
1997%20topps%20Mit%201998%20Stars%20and%20Steel%20065_zpswfvcyflm.jpg

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Thanks [MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION]

i know we have posted serial numbered cards where the the font is different than other cards. I would guess that those were replacements. My only personal experience is from Topps replacements.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Been out of the game for a long time (still out), so I'm not sure the best way to sell a player collection. It's looking to be that time to sell my Biggio 90's stuff.

Anyone had recent success/struggles selling a player collection?

We are talking pretty much every high end card between 1990-1999, plus the smaller #'d and low print run stuff.

Last edited:

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Been out of the game for a long time (still out), so I'm not sure the best way to sell a player collection. It's looking to be that time to sell my Biggio 90's stuff.

We are talking pretty much every high end card between 1990-1999, plus the smaller #'d and low print run stuff.

I've noticed the player and set collections get a lot more attention when they are listed all one time... or at least ending the same night. You may want to check ebay ended sales on Biggio stuff to get an idea of what to expect.

Would be interested to see what ya got...Thanks

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

I listed a ton of Edmonds 2000 cards with serial numbers 10 and less. I sold less than half. Hopefully 90s stuff does better.

Members online