Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SF Giants talk and collecting thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
So PIT fans were banking on chanting the name of another pitcher in hopes of changing their team's fortune?

I can't blame the trendy bandwagoners for trying something. Even if the original chant was coincidence. It's likely Cueto has faced more pressure in the Dominican than PNC Park.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
So PIT fans were banking on chanting the name of another pitcher in hopes of changing their team's fortune?

I can't blame the trendy bandwagoners for trying something. Even if the original chant was coincidence. It's likely Cueto has faced more pressure in the Dominican than PNC Park.

Bumgarner is inexplicably better on the road (11-4, 2.22 era, 0.979 whip) than at home (7-6, 4.03 era, 1.244 whip). If Pirates fans really wanted to rattle him, they'd have cheered for him like they do their own players. ;)

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Hmm, ok this is a weird one...

Giants rookie 2nd baseman Matt Duffy doesn't have any cards other than minor league ones.

However, in 2013 Panini accidently put his picture on a card that was designed for an Astros' 3rd base prospect with the same name. So, while the picture is of SF's Matt Duffy, the team, position, and stats are for the other one.

So, since SF's Matt Duffy doesn't have any cards yet, does this 2013 Panini error count as a first card for him?

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
New addition to my Giants rookie card collection. He was on the Topps/Coke SGA set this summer, but got his first regular issue card in 2014 Topps Update. I picked up a black one, because they look cool and are low-numbered. :D

He's also starting tonight in LF (over Ishikawa). Maybe he'll have a career night? One can hope!

2014Perez63.jpg

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Hmm, ok this is a weird one...

Giants rookie 2nd baseman Matt Duffy doesn't have any cards other than minor league ones.

However, in 2013 Panini accidently put his picture on a card that was designed for an Astros' 3rd base prospect with the same name. So, while the picture is of SF's Matt Duffy, the team, position, and stats are for the other one.

So, since SF's Matt Duffy doesn't have any cards yet, does this 2013 Panini error count as a first card for him?

I have a Matt Duffy auto card - it was in Panini Extra Edition...

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
I haven't had much time to post, but I have picked up a few pieces for my SF Giants rookie card collection...
2006Kontos-5.jpg2008Hacker-1.jpg2008Maxwell.jpg

Not sure which of these to use for my main collection though... so I got both. :)
11Aoki.jpg2009Aoki-WBC.jpg

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
A few new additions...

2015Bochy.jpg2015Strickland.jpg

Bruce_Bochy.jpg

Still no cards for Matt Duffy. :confused: They've got to get him into some set this year.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I know!! Matt Duffy is the freaking man and there's nothing! I got a few more Stratton autos yesterday, Bowman Gold and Blues. Blach's prices are rising a little though and Beede as well.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
These came in recently. I was focusing on Beede and Blach but I could afford these so I grabbed them. Lost out on the orange by 20 bucks

Attachments

• 1436233702008.jpg
    1436233702008.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 11

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/110820410/pair-of-matt-duffys-creates-double-trouble

I attended a RiverCats game recently when the Fresno Grizzlies were in town. The "other" Matt Duffy was in the lineup for the Grizzlies. Ironic, since the Giants Matt Duffy skipped AAA ball, which would have been in Fresno last year.

Stratton was pitching, and he didn't look that great. Mark Appel though, dude dominated for the Grizzlies.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Not only has Matt Duffy kept Giants fans from missing the Panda, he's gonna get the "ROY" chants going at AT&T park pretty soon.

I'm a little annoyed that they didn't come out with his card earlier. Whatever low-number auto rookie card of his they come out with in a month or two is gonna cost me. :/

stangy24

Jun 18, 2009
San Francisco, CA
The online Topps Bunt finally made a 2015 Duffy "digital card" and if you look closely, the 2013 Panini Prizm Draft Picks #39 is our Duffy, even though they list him as the Astros Duffy. Fingers crossed that Topps Update gets him in. Major fail so far for all manufacturers, especially since he played in the post season last year...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MATT-DUFFY-...9-GRADED-10-/351214261777?hash=item51c6005611

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-TOPPS-...INSERT-CARD-/121719433630?hash=item1c570b299e

Members online

Latest posts