Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I sold a A&G RIP card....can the person request a refund through Paypal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
So I sold a RIP card for $99.99. I had a BIN/BO but he bought it outright without placing an offer. Is there a chance he rips it, doesn't like what he sees and requests a refund? It's sort of like buying something and once it's tampered with then paypal should be on my side, correct? I just thought it was weird that he didn't even make an offer on the card and bought it at full price. Thank you....

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I wouldn't think the reason they bought it outright was to rip you off. It's odd we think that way now a days. I'd think it was just a collector who needed it and was priced ok for them.

Ryan

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
The thing is I sold a Wil Myers and the buyer paid $99.99. Now there are some Wil Myers A&G that sold this year for a lot less and his feedback isn't the greatest. But really why would paypal take their side after a card was ripped?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The thing is I sold a Wil Myers and the buyer paid $99.99. Now there are some Wil Myers A&G that sold this year for a lot less and his feedback isn't the greatest. But really why would paypal take their side after a card was ripped?

Yeah I understand your point if it way over "market" but I would think if they destroyed the card by cutting it, and you didn't promise a specific card inside, you would be ok. Cross your fingers it's not the case of a guy trying to get away with something.

Ryan

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
One of the conditions to be able to return an item is that is must be returned in the SAME CONDITION that it was sent in. So, no, technically a buyer shouldn't be able to destroy (aka rip) the card and then return it. They also should not be able to scratch off a redemption code and then return the card. Now that's not to say that they couldn't just claim that it arrived damaged (ripped or scratched) and have eBay immediately side with them, as they so often do, but that risk applies to any items you sell through eBay.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Yeah, in general items must be returned in syllable condition.

And made my own policy, using those terms.

You should be just fine...

Members online