Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arizona Diamondbacks Collector/Talk Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I will never trust this Bullpen. Always feel like they are 1 pitch away, just like tonight, from saying here batter, please hit this really far.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I will never trust this Bullpen. Always feel like they are 1 pitch away, just like tonight, from saying here batter, please hit this really far.

Ryan

Not that it would have solved the entire bullpen issue but this is why I had been hoping they would have picked up a legit closer before the trade deadline. I mean, realistically we could put Bradley there (who's been great) but then we lose our only good mid-inning arm.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Once again, J.D. Martinez is pretty much the only batter in this lineup to provide any sort of production

He smashed his 38th HR of the season (and a double) but that's the extent of tonight's offense.

Starting pitching was once again good but the bullpen is always giving up runs

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
In typical D-Backs fashion as of lately J.D. grounds out with bases loaded and nobody scores.

This is pretty much how it's been for the D-Backs since their streak ended. We get into these potentially big innings with bases loaded and nobody out and we only manage to muster 1 run.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
In typical D-Backs fashion as of lately J.D. grounds out with bases loaded and nobody scores.

This is pretty much how it's been for the D-Backs since their streak ended. We get into these potentially big innings with bases loaded and nobody out and we only manage to muster 1 run.

But not this time. ******* hits a bases clearing double! He is heating up again.

5-0 DBacks

Free tacos

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Simply put, a fantastic start by Godley - 8 IP, 0 ER, 5 H, 0 BB, 7 K

In my mind he's been the biggest surprise of the season. I knew he had some potential based on his rookie season but I didn't expect him to be nearly this good. Our top 3 guys...

Greinke: 2.99 ERA (3.12 FIP) 200 K, 1.05 WHIP, 6.0 WAR
Ray: 2.81 ERA (3.48 FIP) 196 K, 1.15 WHIP, 5.1 WAR
Godley: 3.00 ERA (3.30 FIP) 152 K, 1.08 WHIP, 5.0 WAR

That is a crazy good 1-2-3 punch and those are the guys I'm putting in the rotation the postseason (assuming we survive the one game death match). This is the way I see it, right now our bullpen sucks balls but having both Corbin & Walker available as bullpen arms in the postseason would significantly help. And please for the love of everything holy, use Bradley as our closer, not Rodney.

Yes n no, meaning it depends on what their Goldy plan is.

Ryan

Those were my thoughts exactly. There is no way they'll have the funds to sign both. I'd love to have J.D. but if I had the choice, I'm going with the guy who has played his entire career in Arizona.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Simply put, a fantastic start by Godley - 8 IP, 0 ER, 5 H, 0 BB, 7 K

In my mind he's been the biggest surprise of the season. I knew he had some potential based on his rookie season but I didn't expect him to be nearly this good. Our top 3 guys...

Greinke: 2.99 ERA (3.12 FIP) 200 K, 1.05 WHIP, 6.0 WAR
Ray: 2.81 ERA (3.48 FIP) 196 K, 1.15 WHIP, 5.1 WAR
Godley: 3.00 ERA (3.30 FIP) 152 K, 1.08 WHIP, 5.0 WAR

That is a crazy good 1-2-3 punch and those are the guys I'm putting in the rotation the postseason (assuming we survive the one game death match). This is the way I see it, right now our bullpen sucks balls but having both Corbin & Walker available as bullpen arms in the postseason would significantly help. And please for the love of everything holy, use Bradley as our closer, not Rodney.

Those were my thoughts exactly. There is no way they'll have the funds to sign both. I'd love to have J.D. but if I had the choice, I'm going with the guy who has played his entire career in Arizona.
Ageed.

Ryan

Members online