Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I think he was referring to the fact that the one Jeets mirror gold is an error and was curious if an error escaped as one of the 30, making only 29 complete cards.

I think the answer is no, that the error was scrap.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
So to the guys(obviously our very own Mr. Calfas included) who own multiple mirror golds, are you keeping these because you genuinely like and cherish them or are you holding out until you think the cards are at their absolute highest value and then planning to sell?

With that asked, next question would be...what's the limit these things reach? Is there much more room to grow for these? I mean if the Jeter got that much, does it have more room to grow? Price already sounds absurd but I know there are a lot of well off collectors out there.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
I'm certainly no expert but I think the Jeter and Griffey are in a different price range altogether when it comes to this card.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I want a Kirby Puckett mirror gold. It's number one on my want list and has firmly held that spot since it came out. I've only ever seen it once and it ended in a buy it now auction a few years back for an insane $120. It instantly broke the heart of every Puckett collector that missed out on the opportunity to win it.

Who owns these cards and do they own multiple Puckett's? How can I contact them and would they ever part with one? Would someone be able to get me in contact with them? fortunately, it shouldn't ever get as high as the Jeter.

Please help.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
There are two NNOF Mirror Gold Errors for each of the rookie cards. I have many of the commons and owned both Jeter cards......and like a dumba$$ I sold them, and for cheap :benson:

I have no reason to believe that any of the commons were shorted by two because of the NNOF error since the errors were given to a few of us from a friend at the company.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I'm certainly no expert but I think the Jeter and Griffey are in a different price range altogether when it comes to this card.

They are. A lot of people consider Jeters 96 cards almost like real rookies since that's what he started playing. Also it's his first real major rare card. Griffey had the 93 finest ref. I think (blasphemy ) Jeter is over rated

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Actually you can say 14 because the 16 I know who owns them are not selling at all. I am glad I know where half are though and maybe one day I can get one but I doubt it. If Nelson and I ever go to the same Nationals hopefully he will bring it so I can see it. I own a common Mirror Gold but that was so I could see what they looked like and it cost me $15.00. George was lucky as well as others as I remember a PSA 10 selling on ebay for $1500.00 years ago. The fact I believe that Dave probably was a big reason these prices jumped as high as they did because his BGS 9 only sold for 4k and like 6 months later a PSA 9 sells for 13k on his auction house makes me think there was funky bidding going on there and even the next 2 he sold because why would a SGC sell for 5k more with a equal grade to a PSA 9. Then the PSA 10 that should have never got a PSA 10 grade because it was off centered and had a refractor line running across the card and we can compare to other PSA Jeter cards to prove that point but it doesn't matter that much it's sold and in someone's personal collection. There is a demand for it but most are not willing to put up the price there going for and I know a few who have told me that. I would put the money up if I had it but I should of knocked this off my list long ago when it was going for $1500.00 and less. I give credit to those who bought them cheap because you will make a huge profit if you were ever to sell. I never thought they would have gotten to this level but the fact the pop up on auction every few years if you want it you need to pay the price. I don't think the Proof card would go as high because it's not as nice looking of a card to me though I have heard there was 3 copies not 2. Good luck to anyone searching for a Mirror Gold of there player they collect and hopefully 1 day I can own one of those Jeter's to finish my 1992 to 1996 collection at least beckett listed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
attachment.php
attachment.php

^ From one of my favorite sets.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0416.jpg