Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1999 Fleer Tradition Starting 9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toadfan106

May 2, 2009
i got rid of my only one (magglio) a couple years ago for less than i wanted , but at one time when my financial situation was a little bit better i was hoping to add more instead of parting with him....during that time frame , i seem to recall seeing a jeff montgomery go for just over 100 at auction and a darrin fletcher sell for right at 215 via auction...

Yep. I was involved in the bidding war on both of those; the Fletcher with 2 or 3 other bidders I believe and it went for far more than I expected (I dropped out at 175) but less than a Circa Super Rave /25 went for at around the same time and the Montgomery I underestimated how high it would go. Haven't seen another of either since and would be willing to pay more than those ending bids for those cards. Strangely though I picked up the Brian Giles a few years ago for less than $50 in auction, which shocked me. I guess you never know what they will actually go for until they go up on the block.

tenballer

Aug 9, 2014
Yep. I was involved in the bidding war on both of those; the Fletcher with 2 or 3 other bidders I believe and it went for far more than I expected (I dropped out at 175) but less than a Circa Super Rave /25 went for at around the same time and the Montgomery I underestimated how high it would go. Haven't seen another of either since and would be willing to pay more than those ending bids for those cards. Strangely though I picked up the Brian Giles a few years ago for less than $50 in auction, which shocked me. I guess you never know what they will actually go for until they go up on the block.

How many starting 9 set collectors are out there? I think I know of 2?

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Great pick ups Nelson. Similar to you, my guy has 3 cards in the set. I have the base and the Franchise Futures while I lack the checklist. Good luck in your search and if anyone ever runs across an ARod checklist Starting 9 please keep me in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Has anyone ever seen the Tim Wakefield? I've searched near and far but can't turn anything up. The curse of collecting a player with so small a following, a couple are probably with set collectors and the rest tucked away in boxes and forgotten.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Here's mine:

H3XpSghl.jpg

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Well boys, like most everyone else I'm still missing mine. Never seen the Robbie Alomar. Of course if anyone has one and can part with it....do let me know. If I can't come up with the cash I can throw in my left nut.

Last edited:

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I'm willing to give up a year of my life for a Mariano Rivera Starting 9. Never even seen one.

Scott F

Members online