Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

You ever have a players family member buy from you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998 SPx

Jun 11, 2014
That's pretty neat. At one point, I was collecting a specific player, grabbing as many low numbered issues as I could. This was back when you could see who you were bidding against on eBay. One day I receive a message from the players Mom, asking me if I could let her win a few cards! She was an extremely nice lady and I ended up sending her everything I had won of her son.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Multiple people/family members... multiple times to Danny Klassens mom and Jack Wilson's dad.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
quite a few over the years ....

locally i've dealt with relatives of tom gordon , tom henke , trevor rosenthal , and freddie solomon among others at the flea market...

online i've sold to a few of the actual players themselves including andrew fie and woods fines (both from 2007 bowman chrome prospects)...

that said , my two favorites were the aunt of andrew bailey and the mother of tony butler.....got to know both of them a bit , to the extent that i got multiple e-mails from bailey's aunt and not only e-mails but a christmas card and even a few autographs of butler from his mother.....

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Most probably won't remember the name, but Ryan Anderson (former Mariner's prospect pitcher). His dad was very active on ebay when he was drafted. His stuff was a very easy sell.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Yes, I've had this happened to me a few times. Someone in the Freeman family purchased a Freddie Freeman card from me before he ever reached the major leagues.

I know this doesn't count but Brad Zeigler bought a card of his former teammate (Goldschmidt Five Star patch auto) from me just a few weeks ago however I'm well aware he has collected cards for a long time now.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I actually worked with Tyler Sash (Hometown hero, 2011 Rookie with NY Giants) to buy cards for his mom, since he didn't have time to scour eBay.

When he passed away, I went to the visitation and gave his mom a 1/1 that I had purchased years ago. It definitely belonged to her more than me.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I actually worked with Tyler Sash (Hometown hero, 2011 Rookie with NY Giants) to buy cards for his mom, since he didn't have time to scour eBay.

When he passed away, I went to the visitation and gave his mom a 1/1 that I had purchased years ago. It definitely belonged to her more than me.

Oh man, I remember him...sad story

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Joe Crede's mom bought a lot of heritage cards and told me she has him sign them and she gives them out on Halloween- this was 2007-8 sometime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A long time ago I had someone who claimed to be related to Dwight Gooden. The woman was a flake and ended up not paying for the item she won!

The opposite, but I bought items from Spook Jacobs on ebay a few years before he died. He sent me some extra goodies. Seemed like a really nice man.

The last one I remember was buying something from Bump Wills, former player himself and son of Maury Wills.

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Anyone here remember Ashur Tolliver who has an ssp auto in 2009 elite extra?

I believe his sister was buying his card and even joined FCB

DTA

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Chance siscos dad bought a lot from me a few days ago. Just found it a bit weird

There's a guy on Sportlots, last name Sisco, who has bought several of his cards from me. I assumed it was a relative (or someone who collected him because they share a last name), probably the same guy.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Horacio Ramirez (former Braves pitcher) bought a case of 2012 Topps Chrome football from me! I still check his eBay account to see what he buys. We had a nice conversation. He also had me overnight the case and he spent $70 to do it!

Yankees48

Jul 2, 2014
Horacio Ramirez (former Braves pitcher) bought a case of 2012 Topps Chrome football from me! I still check his eBay account to see what he buys. We had a nice conversation. He also had me overnight the case and he spent $70 to do it!

Lol he buy any nice cards lately?

Members online