Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Just got these in today. Very happy to add them, especially for a fraction of what I expected:
0f51b92caa67f3cc1e94d7b6ea4247a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

mhcook

Feb 22, 2011
Are they legit? Or should they all be numbered?

Personally I won't buy the unnumbered.

I think someone has gotten good enough at forging the Max signature for PSA/BAS to certify. For 20 years Max would not sign these cards without personalizing it, so I find it hard to believe that he has now decide to sign them by the dozens.

My understanding is there are a few legitimate unnumbered with the signature under the gloss that were either issued as replacements or backdoored.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Rescanning all my stuff at 600 dpi (ongoing project) and moving to new hosting site. thought I would share a few cards that that have been discussed recently

1997 Peter Max card /40 with "loopy" M, no sticker on reverse

2mTCaaw

1996 Studio Silver Press Proofs...I own a BGS 9 (acquired graded) and then saw this 9.5 on ebay, used bucks recently to finance 100%...crazy subgrades. my third copy overall

2Dt8JHN

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Personally I won't buy the unnumbered.

I think someone has gotten good enough at forging the Max signature for PSA/BAS to certify. For 20 years Max would not sign these cards without personalizing it, so I find it hard to believe that he has now decide to sign them by the dozens.

My understanding is there are a few legitimate unnumbered with the signature under the gloss that were either issued as replacements or backdoored.

Thanks, that's what it seems to me as well. Doesn't look like a difficult signature to forge, and with it slabbed, most people probably wouldn't think twice about it being real.

LinguaSpCards

Jan 1, 2017
Washington DC
I recently picked up the Fred McGriff 1999 Metal Universe Gem Masters 1/1. These cards are absolutely gorgeous. My amateur photography skills don't give this card the justice it deserves. There is actually a slight metal-like rainbow finish that gives these cards texture - I find the design extremely appealing. Gem Masters definitely have a different feel to them compared to the (also amazing) Precious Metal Gems from 1999 Metal Universe. Does anybody else have a 1999 Gem Masters? I'd love to see it.

And a related question: What, in your opinion, is the best 1/1 baseball parallel set from the 1990s?

Attachments

• FredMcGriff 1999 Gem Masters Front 2.JPG
    FredMcGriff 1999 Gem Masters Front 2.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 36
  • FredMcGriff 1999 Gem Masters Back 2.JPG
    FredMcGriff 1999 Gem Masters Back 2.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 37

Ripkenfan126

Jan 5, 2017
I recently picked up the Fred McGriff 1999 Metal Universe Gem Masters 1/1. These cards are absolutely gorgeous. My amateur photography skills don't give this card the justice it deserves. There is actually a slight metal-like rainbow finish that gives these cards texture - I find the design extremely appealing. Gem Masters definitely have a different feel to them compared to the (also amazing) Precious Metal Gems from 1999 Metal Universe. Does anybody else have a 1999 Gem Masters? I'd love to see it.

And a related question: What, in your opinion, is the best 1/1 baseball parallel set from the 1990s?

Can you post a pic? Front and back... never seen one.

Members online

Latest posts