Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Robinson Cano's 80 game PED Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
it's also used by those of us who suffer from swollen extremities due to retention of fluids when sitting or standing in a relatively fixed position for extended periods....i don't use it all that often now , but i've had a supply on hand for the past 15 years and can attest to its effectiveness when a slew of doctors could never provide any other remedies to the problems....

Yes, it's handy stuff.

He was using it for hypertension.

All these drugs and he prescribed the masker?
https://www.webmd.com/drugs/conditi...iseasename=High+Blood+Pressure+(Hypertension)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Here is why it was timed with Cano's injury:

via T.J. Quinn

"IMPORTANT ON CANO: players are NOT automatically suspended for using diuretics. The suspension means MLB was able to prove he was using it to mask a drug. Cano tested positive before the season, appealed and dropped the appeal."

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
"Recently I learned that I tested positive for a substance called furosemide, which is not a performance-enhancing substance," Cano said in a statement issued by the MLB Players Association. "Furosemide is used to treat various medical conditions in the United States and the Dominican Republic. This substance was given to me by a licensed doctor in the Dominican Republic to treat a medical ailment. While I did not realize at the time that I was given a medication that was banned, I obviously now wish that I had been more careful. For more than 15 years, playing professional baseball has been the greatest honor and privilege of my life. I would never do anything to cheat the rules of the game that I love, and after undergoing dozens of drug tests over more than a decade, I have never tested positive for a performance-enhancing substance for the simple reason that I have never taken one."

This could certainly just be a bunch of BS, as many cheaters tend to come out with a similar statement about their trainers in another country giving them something....but for some reason I think I actually believe him. Maybe I'm simply being naive or maybe it's because an actual steroid/PED wasn't detected and I'd hate to call someone a cheater in such a scenario. Regardless, he knew the substance was banned and should have alerted MLB first that he was prescribed this for a specific medical aliment. I don't know if it would have mattered since it's banned but I know while amphetamines like Adderall, Dexedrine, etc. are banned too, the MLB still makes exceptions for players who are prescribed it by a doctor.

So while I'm okay with suspension for the reasons I just gave, I personally wouldn't consider him a cheater and I'd hate to see this kill any shot he has at being voted into the HOF.

And for the record I carry no bias in my opinion. I have never PC'd Cano, nor have I carefully followed his career, have him on my fantasy team or root for the Mariners. If it's later proven that it was in fact used to disguise a steroid with evidence of that substance in his system, I'll react just as harshly as the next guy.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
"Recently I learned that I tested positive for a substance called furosemide, which is not a performance-enhancing substance," Cano said in a statement issued by the MLB Players Association. "Furosemide is used to treat various medical conditions in the United States and the Dominican Republic. This substance was given to me by a licensed doctor in the Dominican Republic to treat a medical ailment. While I did not realize at the time that I was given a medication that was banned, I obviously now wish that I had been more careful. For more than 15 years, playing professional baseball has been the greatest honor and privilege of my life. I would never do anything to cheat the rules of the game that I love, and after undergoing dozens of drug tests over more than a decade, I have never tested positive for a performance-enhancing substance for the simple reason that I have never taken one."

This could certainly just be a bunch of BS, as many cheaters tend to come out with a similar statement about their trainers in another country giving them something....but for some reason I think I actually believe him. Maybe I'm simply being naive or maybe it's because an actual steroid/PED wasn't detected and I'd hate to call someone a cheater in such a scenario. Regardless, he knew the substance was banned and should have alerted MLB first that he was prescribed this for a specific medical aliment. I don't know if it would have mattered since it's banned but I know while amphetamines like Adderall, Dexedrine, etc. are banned too, the MLB still makes exceptions for players who are prescribed it by a doctor.

So while I'm okay with suspension for the reasons I just gave, I personally wouldn't consider him a cheater and I'd hate to see this kill any shot he has at being voted into the HOF.

And for the record I carry no bias in my opinion. I have never PC'd Cano, nor have I carefully followed his career, have him on my fantasy team or root for the Mariners. If it's later proven that it was in fact used to disguise a steroid with evidence of that substance in his system, I'll react just as harshly as the next guy.

why didnt he appeal it then? i liked Robby held his rookie auto a long time thought he was hall of fame. Now its over

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA

no bias until you read this! ;)

https://nypost.com/2018/05/15/justin-verlander-isnt-buying-robinson-canos-ped-excuse/

why didnt he appeal it then? i liked Robby held his rookie auto a long time thought he was hall of fame. Now its over

One report said he was popped in the offseason and was appealing the whole time until now, the burden of proof must have been too high.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Wether it's just another bs excuse or not all his fans and Mariners fans should be pissed, he was either too selfish to care or too dumb to realize he should check medications he's been "prescribed". I can't stand it when these guys with nearly unlimited resources to do the right thing say "I had no idea, it was a mistake". Screw you buddy.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Wether it's just another bs excuse or not all his fans and Mariners fans should be pissed, he was either too selfish to care or too dumb to realize he should check medications he's been "prescribed". I can't stand it when these guys with nearly unlimited resources to do the right thing say "I had no idea, it was a mistake". Screw you buddy.

This is why I don't really get emontially involved in sports anymore. As for the Mariners, I wonder how many guys in that lineup are juicing... lets look at the batting order.

1. Dee Gordon- SUSPENDED FOR DRUGS
2. Jean Segura- wild variance in his abilities, goes from star to average to star.
3. Robinson Cano- SUSPENDED FOR DRUGS
4. Nelson Cruz- SUSPENDED FOR DRUGS
5. Mitch Haniger- potential 40hr guy
6. Kyle Seager- least likely user, you might have heard of his famous brother :p
7. Ryon Healy- JACKED
8. Mike Zunino- JACKED
9. Ben Gamel- a bit of forehead but I haven't seen younger pics to know

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
This is why I don't really get emontially involved in sports anymore. As for the Mariners, I wonder how many guys in that lineup are juicing... lets look at the batting order.

1. Dee Gordon- SUSPENDED FOR DRUGS
2. Jean Segura- wild variance in his abilities, goes from star to average to star.
3. Robinson Cano- SUSPENDED FOR DRUGS
4. Nelson Cruz- SUSPENDED FOR DRUGS
5. Mitch Haniger- potential 40hr guy
6. Kyle Seager- least likely user, you might have heard of his famous brother :p
7. Ryon Healy- JACKED
8. Mike Zunino- JACKED
9. Ben Gamel- a bit of forehead but I haven't seen younger pics to know

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that a third of the entire league was using some sort of performance enhancer. You just happen to have a starting lineup where a third of them have already been caught :D

Also, it's not just the power hitting meat heads with thick necks who use PEDS, take your leadoff hitter for example. Or how about Bartolo Colon? Does he even have a neck lol?

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that a third of the entire league was using some sort of performance enhancer. You just happen to have a starting lineup where a third of them have already been caught :D

Also, it's not just the power hitting meat heads with thick necks who use PEDS, take your leadoff hitter for example. Or how about Bartolo Colon? Does he even have a neck lol?

I was going to mention Bartolo earlier. Honestly that guy must be drugging again, because he was a mess last year and there is no way someone that fat in their 40s should be this nimble. He even outran fellow drugger Dee Gordon to 1st base earlier this year!!!

Next wave of busts is eventually going to be pitchers, I think we are overdue. More guys are hitting 100mph than ever before and they somehow recover... hmmm

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I was going to mention Bartolo earlier. Honestly that guy must be drugging again, because he was a mess last year and there is no way someone that fat in their 40s should be this nimble. He even outran fellow drugger Dee Gordon to 1st base earlier this year!!!

Next wave of busts is eventually going to be pitchers, I think we are overdue. More guys are hitting 100mph than ever before and they somehow recover... hmmm

It's not drugs................it's obviously mutant superheros (or *metahumans* as some people refer to them as). I don't know why everyone seems to doubt the existence of them. They are just like us, only with superpowers.

Tell me with a straight face that Bartolo doesn't resemble the "Thing" from Fantastic Four? He's just in his human form...when he goes back home he returns to his thick, lumpy orange rock-covered form, as the special serum he created only allows for him to be in his human form for up to six hours. This special serum shows up as a false positive for steroids on a drug screen panel from time to time.