Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf Best of Baseball Unopened Edition in Stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derek2011

Aug 7, 2008
Bainbridge,PA
Card was an 82 Donruss Pete rose($20 tops). This could have been at least a 2013 box(puig) or 2010 series 1(trout) to be considered "Best of". As stated before, embarrassing and lazy on Leaf's part. This is easily the worst taste in my mouth from opening a "product", and believe me, I've opened many stinkers. I mean, 2014 Topps Pro Debut isn't even the best or near the "best of" 2014, not to mention "best of" baseball. I've been a supporter as stated, but after letting this ferment more, it only continues to leave a worse and more sour taste in my mouth. It will be more than in the back if my head next time I think about opening a Leaf "product"

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
tumblr_lj8vx3T3YL1qfhnz1o1_500.jpg

Sorry, but I couldn't resist

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
Unfortunately, you got the worst box included..

I can tell you that our cost to make this was 84% of factory cost..

BG

That's your answer? How about telling everyone WHY that product was included in your product? Its certainly no where close to "Best of Baseball". Oh...and add me to the list of people that think this Leaf offering is a complete joke.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I wish collectors would just stop buying these types lf Leaf Grab Bag Garbage. Maybe then Leaf would stop making them and disrespecting the Leaf name.

Seriously, would Topps or Upper Deck or Panini make grab bag products containing other companies' products?
What other industry does this?
That's like Hot Wheels selling a box of mystery Matchbox cars.
Or Marvel selling a mystery package of DC Comics.
Or Nintendo selling unopened Playstation or Xbox games.

Leaf is just a gutter-tier card company like Tri-Star that has to rely on other companies' products to make money.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
You guys ask for ridiculous things sometimes. Leaf should tell us why that box is included? Really?

Does topps tell us why they included a middle reliever or light hitting draft pick as the one auto in a $70 box?

Does panini explain why there's a Jason Grilli auto in a box?

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Products like this are just pathetic. Lazy. I can just see the meeting:
"Hey, you know what would be a GREAT idea for a NEW product? Let's repackage other companies' older products!"

I know this has been argued and mentioned a million times, but I still can't help but roll my eyes. I like many Leaf products, but this is stupid ********.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Products like this are just pathetic. Lazy. I can just see the meeting:
"Hey, you know what would be a GREAT idea for a NEW product? Let's repackage other companies' older products!"

I know this has been argued and mentioned a million times, but I still can't help but roll my eyes. I like many Leaf products, but this is stupid ********.

Its certainty not a mass appeal product.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Unfortunately, you got the worst box included..

I can tell you that our cost to make this was 84% of factory cost..

BG

If you know there's a box that's a complete and total piece of crap in here, it would have been nice to pair it with one of the best Rose autos available. Assuming these are all packed by hand, it wouldn't be hard to ensure someone pulling a loser box at least gets a high-end Rose auto.

Apr 23, 2012
New Orleans
I will never understand why a product like this makes people angry.

Just don't buy it.

To the dude who bought it and got the worst hit, you can complain but you chose to buy this knowing it was a gamble. You lost the gamble. People don't get this angry when they hit a stinker box of a mainstream product.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I will never understand why a product like this makes people angry.

Just don't buy it.

To the dude who bought it and got the worst hit, you can complain but you chose to buy this knowing it was a gamble. You lost the gamble. People don't get this angry when they hit a stinker box of a mainstream product.

I'm just expressing my opinion of how incredibly stupid a product like this is.Would never even consider spending a dime on this garbage.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Here is the thing with this product. It's not a product that adds anything to a player collectors checklist , so it shouldn't matter to most as its pretty easy to just walk away from. From a gamblers standpoint it's one of those why not things they will throw money at. I do think there shouldn't be such a did in the product, but if your not in the gambler lane just don't think twice about it.

Ryan

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Leaf's niche is the repack - it's what they do best - like those repacked autographed baseballs sold at Target.

Leaf's niche is also giving collectors what they want - even if the products seem like knock-offs of other trading card concepts.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
As CEO of a company, I could never put out a product called "Best of Baseball" and include other manufacturers' product in it. I'd see it as sending a message that I have no faith in my own product to my customers and my employees. I'd always tout my own product as the best. I'd think it demoralizing to the company to put other product above my own. I thought it was horrible when it was one manufacturer cutting up another's cards for cut autograph cards, but whole boxes? This is such a sad way to make a meager profit. Leaf should just throw in the towel. First they bitch and moan about Topps to no end because of the MLB exclusive deal, then they turn around and promote Topps product as the "best." I see that as a vote of no confidence in their own brand, and taking a major dump on the company's name and equity. DLP used to be my favorite brand, sad to see the mismanagement that has brought it to such lows.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
You guys ask for ridiculous things sometimes. Leaf should tell us why that box is included? Really?

Does topps tell us why they included a middle reliever or light hitting draft pick as the one auto in a $70 box?

Does panini explain why there's a Jason Grilli auto in a box?

You're missing the point. Leaf calls it "The Best of Baseball" 2014 Pro Debut is anything but the Best of Baseball. When Topps or Panini throws that auto of Aaron Crow or Joakim Soria into a $70 box, the product is not called 'Topps Greats of Game" or 'Panini Just the Stars". You expect to hit some duds. If I am buying The Best of Baseball - I expect the Best of Baseball.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Topps debut is the "best" product featuring "baseball" players in minor league uniforms.

There you go ;)

Last edited:

Members online