Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I hope you picked it up. Where are all the tier 1-2-3-4 cards at. Have never seen a Juan of none of them. That the 1st serial numbered one I have ever seen.

This set is one of those odd Pacific parallels that's tiered. Five tiers, each of the 30 cards only have one parallel. The Juan is Tier 5 which is 1/1, so you're not likely to see it unless you own it. FYI, the other 1/1s are Clemens, Vlad Guerrero, Piazza, Scott Rolen, and, um, Ruben Mateo. Can't all be winners, I guess.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Thanks for the great info. So there is no tier 1-4 for Juan I take it. Then I will need to remove them from the list.

Yes, the other tiers don't exist, but there is another way to find one of these. I don't know if unnumbered versions exist for these particular cards, but there are tons of unnumbered Pacific parallels and inserts out there. I own quite a few I've picked up on ebay, and they show up on COMC every now and then. It is possible that there's an unnumbered Tier 5 somewhere waiting for you to stumble upon it; the unnumbered ones are often sold as the regular base version so keep your eyes peeled!

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Probably the hardest to find, and most boring, Alex Rodriguez card I have...but hey! The Foil is purple! That's fun...

yizm9F0.png

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
One of these popped up on COMC today:

1996 Pinnacle Zenith - Diamond Club - Diamond Parallel #9 - Alex Rodriguez
Courtesy of COMC.com

$50 more than I'd pay for an A-Rod but not a bad card, I guess! ;)

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Something to follow the current insert theme........
651f377eb300cd67f5fdd7b6fcaced68.jpg

and something of a variation (gold and silver) that I don't know about........
1feaa08b060435097e4559a4cb195c93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
This set is one of those odd Pacific parallels that's tiered. Five tiers, each of the 30 cards only have one parallel. The Juan is Tier 5 which is 1/1, so you're not likely to see it unless you own it. FYI, the other 1/1s are Clemens, Vlad Guerrero, Piazza, Scott Rolen, and, um, Ruben Mateo. Can't all be winners, I guess.

Although I need the Maddux, I have always hated that set. Perfect combination of Pacific, bizarre numbering scheme, boring design and hard to find.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
The generosity of this board never ceases to amaze. The other day, I posted in the promos thread that I was working on the 1995 Leaf Promos set, and immediately I get a DM from [MENTION=12668]MatthewN[/MENTION] offering to send me these:

i-cxKT9Wv-M.jpg
i-9pQL4X9-M.jpg
i-vSF6NDB-M.jpg

Down to just needing the Puckett to round out the set.

Also got a DM from [MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION] the other day letting me know this had been listed, so I snagged it with a reasonable BO.

1997Finest294EmbossedRefractor-M.jpg

Finally, another DM received from [MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION] asking for my address. I sent it to him and this shows up in the mail yesterday:

1997ToppsMint-M.jpg

Absolutely blown away! What an incredible act of generosity.

Collectors like you guys are what make this hobby so great! Many thanks to both of you!

Attachments

• i-cxKT9Wv-M.jpg
    i-cxKT9Wv-M.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 22

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
The generosity of this board never ceases to amaze. The other day, I posted in the promos thread that I was working on the 1995 Leaf Promos set, and immediately I get a DM from [MENTION=12668]MatthewN[/MENTION] offering to send me these:

i-cxKT9Wv-M.jpg
i-9pQL4X9-M.jpg
i-vSF6NDB-M.jpg

Also got a DM from [MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION] the other day letting me know this had been listed, so I snagged it with a reasonable BO.

Finally, another DM received from [MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION] asking for my address. I sent it to him and this shows up in the mail yesterday:

1997ToppsMint-M.jpg

Collectors like you guys are what make this hobby so great! Many thanks to both of you!

Great stuff congrats.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009

i-cxKT9Wv-M.jpg
i-9pQL4X9-M.jpg
i-vSF6NDB-M.jpg

1997ToppsMint-M.jpg

PM me, I think I have an extra Puckett promo to complete your set.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
FYI player collectors some 1998 Zenith Z gold non numbered versions just posted on COMC. Some prices are good (Bernie) some may be high. Picked up 2 stars and will send PM's out for the PC guys...

Members online