Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best/Worst ballpark?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Out of the few MLB stadiums I've been to:

Best overall: Rangers Ballpark
Best atmosphere: Fenway Park (and I hate the Red Sox)

Worst stadium: Arlington Stadium (Rangers old stadium. It was an ugly, generic '70s stadium that had no charm or ambiance.

Best Minor League stadium: Midland RoughRiders stadium (Oakland's AA team) classy little stadium.

Honorable mention: Hans L'Orange Park (old Hawaii Winter League field) Tiny little ballpark in West Oahu, where I watched future Major Leaguers like Buster Posey, Matt Weiters, Ian Kennedy, Dexter Fowler, Joba Chamberlain and tons more guys play from '06-'08.
The place is the size of a small high school ballpark, and the players would practice and hang out in an open area where fans could interact, sign autographs and pose for pictures. It's too bad MLB discontinued Hawaii Winter Baseball, because it was awesome, and the players loved being here.

Last edited:
Out of the few MLB stadiums I've been to:

Best overall: Rangers Ballpark
Best atmosphere: Fenway Park (and I hate the Red Sox)

Worst stadium: Arlington Stadium (Rangers old stadium. It was an ugly, generic '70s stadium that had no charm or ambiance.

Best Minor League stadium: Midland RoughRiders stadium (Oakland's AA team) classy little stadium.

Dint look terrible, just needed improvements

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Growing up and going to Wrigley in the late 80s was the best so ill of course say Wrigley for the "feel" of the game and atmosphere.

As far as worst I'd say The Trop is pretty damn bad even though in the summer you stay nice and cool watching a game

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I prefer the small Minor League compact stadiums. If you click the link below, Ogden Raptors is my favorite Minor League stadium and that will tell you why. Worst Minor League stadium was the Casper Ghosts. My pics have reset to small size but still show what a let down of a park it was.....

Coors Field for MLB best and Turner Field worst. Everything that can go wrong for a downtown stadium went wrong for Atlanta.

jhand13

Oct 3, 2012
Tropicanna field I the worst. I hVe gone to about 20 games since it opened. It feels dingy and is wry low tech in a high tech era. When the devil rays opened it up in 1998 it was already almost a decade old. They built it in the late 80s to attract teams that might leave their cities, as you know it never worked out but they did come really close to getting the giants in 1993. Because of its age there is not much room for improvement. Also the location in st Pete is not great either. It should be in Tampa.

90FTaway

Oct 2, 2009
Pittsburgh
I have been to PNC, Camden, Rangers, RFK, Nationals and Fulton County.

Worst: Nationals - I just don't enjoy following the game or the atmosphere at this place. The construction looks rushed and the ushers are always a pain.

Best: Camden - Great venue. I have always had a get experience at about 20 games.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Best - Wrigley (ambiance, charm, history, and the neighborhood win it for me)

Worst - Tropicana (sight lines and comfort are fine, but I don't prefer my baseball in a warehouse)

nofrills

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I haven't been to a whole lot, but here goes.
Comerica Park was amazing. Beautiful park, and great people.
For the worst, and I can't believe no one has said it yet, I have to go with Rogers Centre.
Simply put, it doesn't feel like a ball park unless it's full. Personally, I like it, but it isn't like I have too many other options!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts