Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is anyone doubting the Patriots are the best team in football?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
If Sam Bradford can throw for 275 and two scores against the Niners defense, I think Brady could do ok.

Kevin

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Amazing that only One person mentioned the most balanced, physical team in the AFC, Houston. And Baltimore is better than New England too...

BTW, Brady, as good as is he, is not the best current QB, so how can he be GOAT?

And Manning will probably bypass Marino as the Greatest Regular Season QB, with Elway alot closer to Joe Montana than any of the Current guys...

Puff Puff Pass Pass man. Don't be selfish.

I'm sorry I cannot do that Carl.

Do the giants and their defense not hit Brady?
Do Brady, Edelman, woodhead, gronkowski, and Hernandez not run short west coast routes?
Do the linebackers in sf not sit atop the linebacker world?

The patriots can be beat on both sides. Buffalo worked their defense over. And a team with quick side to side linebackers will work their offense.

Their recent explosion has nothing to do with them being amazing but the teams they are playing to tonguing balls. They're good but I don't think they are the top team.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
To answer the question posted as the topic... Seems like almost everyone is doubting that the patriots are the best

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Amazing that only One person mentioned the most balanced, physical team in the AFC, Houston. And Baltimore is better than New England too...

BTW, Brady, as good as is he, is not the best current QB, so how can he be GOAT?

And Manning will probably bypass Marino as the Greatest Regular Season QB, with Elway alot closer to Joe Montana than any of the Current guys...

LMAO, who is better than Brady currently?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The best current QB is Aaron Rodgers.

Brady, Manning and Brees are all in the Discussion but Rodgers is on another Level since mid-2010...

The fact that there is no Consensus about Brady's greatness is in of itself an indicator that he is not the best current, or all-time QB.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
The best current QB is Aaron Rodgers.

Brady, Manning and Brees are all in the Discussion but Rodgers is on another Level since mid-2010...

The fact that there is no Consensus about Brady's greatness is in of itself an indicator that he is not the best current, or all-time QB.

Why b/c Rodgers won an MVP last year? How many has Brady won? Is Rodgers in the running for MVP this year? Nope. Is Brady? Yep.

Who has thrown less interceptions?
Who has a better total QB rating by 14 points (81 to 67)
Who has more passing yards per game?
Whose team has a better record?

LOL, Aaron Rodgers is better than Brady. You guys are crazy.

The reason there isn't a consensus about Brady being the best is b/c he's one of the most hated on one of those most hated teams. People hate to admit Barry Bonds is one of the greatest hitters of all time and probably could've held that distinction without steroids. But he's so hated, that people just see the steroids and say Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Stan Musial, etc. I despise the guy, but even I can admit he was one of the best.

Tom Brady is the best QB of all time and he will continue to prove it as his career goes on. He's not even close to retiring. The only QB that you could debate with me about being the best is Joe Montana.

I suppose when he wins another Super Bowl, people will concede.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
How can say you say we're "Crazy" when most analysts publicly state the same thing? And it has nothing to do with MVP awards just a statement of how Unbelievable Rodgers play the two seasons has been. I'm not even saying he'll surpass TB on the All-Time rankings, just that Rodgers is the better QB right now.

IF you can put aside your Homerism I'd think you'd realize that you're way Overstating it.

Hey, I'm not saying Brady is not a great QB but just not as good as you're saying. Heck, he'd have a hard time cracking most people's All-Time Top 5...

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
How can say you say we're "Crazy" when most analysts publicly state the same thing? And it has nothing to do with MVP awards just a statement of how Unbelievable Rodgers play the two seasons has been. I'm not even saying he'll surpass TB on the All-Time rankings, just that Rodgers is the better QB right now.

IF you can put aside your Homerism I'd think you'd realize that you're way Overstating it.

Hey, I'm not saying Brady is not a great QB but just not as good as you're saying. Heck, he'd have a hard time cracking most people's All-Time Top 5...

If there's one thing I'm not, it's a homer. Homerism is my biggest pet peeve. I'm a realist. I'm stating facts here.

Rodgers was the MVP last year and deserved it and probably would be my 2nd pick in a QB fantasy draft - behind Brady. But b/c he's played 2 or 3 years of phenomenal football he's all the sudden the best QB today? Look at the numbers, they are there. Even last year, Tom Brady was on his heels for the MVP. Tom Brady has been doing this since 2001. And this year he's playing better football that Rodgers.

Like I said, Brady is hated on a team that mostly everyone hates. Rodgers, almost everyone likes and plays on a team many people don't mind losing to. Of course people are going to say Rodgers is the better QB. It's all spite. But the numbers don't lie.

Last edited:

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
If there's one thing I'm not, it's a homer. Homerism is my biggest pet peeve. I'm a realist. I'm stating facts here.

Even though you're claiming not to be your posts are very homer-ish. You're stating your opinion that Brady can do no wrong and is the best of all time and others are coming in here and saying he's good but not currently the best and you're retaliating by saying they all are crazy or smoking something. To me that's homerism. You are trying to convince everyone that your team is the best and has the best QB even though its not true.

The Patriots are good but not the best team in football. I'm a Bears fan but I would take Baltimore, Houston, San Fran, and the Giants before the Pats

Clint, if you want to join my side, just say so. You don't need to throw out proof for me.

Isn't that what great QB's do? Prey on the weak?

Those numbers look pretty great to me.

Superior numbers against inferior opponents will not allow you to claim victory here old friend!

14 of 24 touchdowns and just under half his yards in that stretch. A stretch which is weak son. That XXXX is weak!

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Even though you're claiming not to be your posts are very homer-ish. You're stating your opinion that Brady can do no wrong and is the best of all time and others are coming in here and saying he's good but not currently the best and you're retaliating by saying they all are crazy or smoking something. To me that's homerism. You are trying to convince everyone that your team is the best and has the best QB even though its not true.

The Patriots are good but not the best team in football. I'm a Bears fan but I would take Baltimore, Houston, San Fran, and the Giants before the Pats

I guess we'll find out then after they play SF and Houston....right?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Superior numbers against inferior opponents will not allow you to claim victory here old friend!

14 of 24 touchdowns and just under half his yards in that stretch. A stretch which is weak son. That XXXX is weak!

Your XXXX is weak, Clint. It does smell like roses though. I can't wait for your next flaming batch! Potpourri XXXX is the best.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
There is no clear cut best team in the league this year. I would say NE is in the discussion but it would be very hard to say one team is head and shoulders above the rest.

Whoever said Brady isn't top 5 of all time is crazy. I hate the pats with all my heart but I doubt we see a better QB than Brady anytime soon.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Whoever said Brady isn't top 5 of all time is crazy.

Not crazy, who does Brady bump out of the Top 5?

Montana, Elway, Marino, Unitas are the widely accepted top QBs, leaving Brady in the discussion for #5, but not a lock and probably not in a lot of People's Top 5...

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Not crazy, who does Brady bump out of the Top 5?

Montana, Elway, Marino, Unitas are the widely accepted top QBs, leaving Brady in the discussion for #5, but not a lock and probably not in a lot of People's Top 5...

What else does Brady have to do to get ahead of Elway, Marino, and Unitas? Seems like everyone is holding on to the past. Its like talking to my dad about Michael Jordan and Chamberlain/Russell on who's the greatest basketball player of all time.

Elway was clutch but won 2 of 5 super bowls. Brady has won 3 of 5 and has a REALLY good chance for more SB appearances/wins.
Marino was the most accurate passer I've ever seen, but no SB's. Also got hurt a lot later in his career. Also threw a lot of INT.
Unitas I really can't talk about unless I look at his numbers. I wasn't alive to watch him play. But 290 TD's and 253 INT? Not exactly a great ratio. And I hear people talk about Montana, Elway, Marino more than Unitas. So what does that say about him?

These aren't homerism opinions. They are all facts.

Like I've said before, the only QB I can see putting ahead of Brady right now is Montana. But Brady is still playing and has been very open about playing for another 5 years. When he retires, he will be #1.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Agree on the first part. There doesn't seem to be that elite team or two this year distancing from rest of the league. Perhaps the best parity I've seen, not to say there are not a few stinker teams out there, but even a crappy JAX nearly knocked off Houston. I'd have no qualms putting Brady in top five of last 15 years or so along side Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, and arguably Ben Roethlisberger and Eli Manning. Go much beyond this time frame and there are some very solid names to compete with: Roger Staubach, Steve Young, Dan Marino, Fran Tarkington, John Elway, Sammy Baugh, Johnny Unitas, and Otto Graham. That still puts Brady in the top 12 or so.

There is no clear cut best team in the league this year. I would say NE is in the discussion but it would be very hard to say one team is head and shoulders above the rest.

Whoever said Brady isn't top 5 of all time is crazy. I hate the pats with all my heart but I doubt we see a better QB than Brady anytime soon.

Members online

No members online now.