Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lesean McCoy said what about Chip Kelly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I just took snippets from the article...

This story appears in ESPN The Magazine's May 25 Pitchers Issue.

McCoy recently sat down with The Mag to discuss his trade to Buffalo, his impressions of coach Rex Ryan and whether there is a race issue with his former coach, the Eagles' Chip Kelly.

McCoy: The relationship was never really great. I feel like I always respected him as a coach. I think that's the way he runs his team. He wants the full control. You see how fast he got rid of all the good players. Especially all the good black players. He got rid of them the fastest. That's the truth. There's a reason. ... It's hard to explain with him. But there's a reason he got rid of all the black players -- the good ones -- like that. [The Eagles declined to comment on McCoy's statements.]

The full link: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...sean-mccoy-discusses-race-chip-kelly-rex-ryan

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Why was "Shady" not asked to expound on that lightening-rod statement?

Between blown-off appearances, Twitter wars with exes, the whole bus to NY fiasco, and this statement, McCoy has shown himself to be pretty bad at public behavior.

BTW, 4 of their 5 FA signings and 5 of their 6 Draftees are black and Chip was also criticized by the Locals early in his Duck days for too many black players...

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
He moved a few good players that were there before be began his tenure, as many new coaches do. He moved them while they were probably in the middle of their career, so he still got a good value for them and was able to get players for his system and picks to build for the future.

As far as "the black ones", I first want to point out a Pro Bowler named Nick Foles. My second thought is that the good players just happen to be black....like the majority of stars across the league. It's simple statistics. Randomly choose 5 non-QB stars from the league, and 3 of them are probably black.

Shady is just a bitter moron who has either taken one too many shots to the head, can't come to terms with himself being an aging (by RB standards) player with durability issues, or is a part of the "I'm black, woe is me" line of thinking. If not a mix of all three.

Plus with the attitude he has, I'd ship his ass out, too.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I think "Shady" meant to say the loud, diva-type players are what Chip has got rid of, he just worded it way wrong...

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I think "Shady" meant to say the loud, diva-type players are what Chip has got rid of, he just worded it way wrong...

racist1.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts