Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Thrift Store Thread - Sports Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SargentSavers

Feb 17, 2014
Just got back from the thrift empty handed. I passed up a nike mighty ducks hockey jersey for $15 and a scotty pippen champion bulls jersey youth small for $8. Should i have gotten em? I dont have much expierience with the champion jerseys and plus it was a youth small.?

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Just got back from the thrift empty handed. I passed up a nike mighty ducks hockey jersey for $15 and a scotty pippen champion bulls jersey youth small for $8. Should i have gotten em? I dont have much expierience with the champion jerseys and plus it was a youth small.?

Personally, at those prices i would have left them too. At Half that i would buy them.

Mellowturtle

Feb 3, 2014
Passed on this one for today. May go back tomorrow an get it. $7 for the jacket. It had an NFL Apparel tag and had the Sport Illustrated "SI" logo on the right sleeve. I'm just not sure how many Vikings fan exist anymore. Thoughts?

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1396576302.868559.jpg

The pic looks blue, but I assure you, it's purple.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I'll have to look at my jersey guide for the lettering on that Piazza, but that's an authentic BP jersey. I don't for one second think it's one he wore, but authentic and not a replica.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Passed on this one for today. May go back tomorrow an get it. $7 for the jacket. It had an NFL Apparel tag and had the Sport Illustrated "SI" logo on the right sleeve. I'm just not sure how many Vikings fan exist anymore. Thoughts?

View attachment 33459

The pic looks blue, but I assure you, it's purple.

Ive got some Vikings stuff thats NWT that hasnt moved at all, let alone gotten views. Maybe when football season starts up again.

Goin to the flea market tomorrow morning. I hope lightning strikes twice!

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
While in Indianapolis a few weeks ago I found a vintage Cliff Engle Colts sweater for $5.

Got it for a co-worker who is a huge Colts fan.

I was just going to give it to him, but he insisted on paying me the $5 for it.

I looked it up on eBay and there were completed listings of sold items up to $60 for the exact one I found.

I wasn't going to list it though. Just wanted to get something for my friend.

SargentSavers

Feb 17, 2014
While in Indianapolis a few weeks ago I found a vintage Cliff Engle Colts sweater for $5.

Got it for a co-worker who is a huge Colts fan.

I was just going to give it to him, but he insisted on paying me the $5 for it.

I looked it up on eBay and there were completed listings of sold items up to $60 for the exact one I found.

I wasn't going to list it though. Just wanted to get something for my friend.

Thats a great price for a cliff engle! And your a hell of a freind I woulda kept it for myself those things are getting harder and harder to find.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Thats a great price for a cliff engle! And your a hell of a freind I woulda kept it for myself those things are getting harder and harder to find.

After my wife seen what they were going for, she suggested listing it, but I don't care. I told my friend it would be perfect for an ugly sweater party around Christmas. I knew it was something awesome as soon as I seen it on the rack.

SargentSavers

Feb 17, 2014
After my wife seen what they were going for, she suggested listing it, but I don't care. I told my friend it would be perfect for an ugly sweater party around Christmas. I knew it was something awesome as soon as I seen it on the rack.

Exactly haha. I have a purple lakers one so you can imagine what that looks like but hey its vintage and im probly the only on in my city that will wear one which makes it that much cooler 😎

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I think the Piazza jersey should have red 31 on front, but everything else looks authentic. Might cost about $20 to get it done. If interested, I have some contact info for a company that can do it. Font for name and number all looks correct and is sewn on.