Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Binghampton...........Rumble Ponies!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
I've been to 50+ MiLB ballparks, love going to the minors, probably follow that stuff more than the majority of baseball fans, and some of the names were kind of cool for a while, kind of made me laugh, had some legit ties to their local towns, but now it's just gotten absurd.

The addition of Rumble Ponies, Jumbo Shrimp, and Fire Frogs in the last couple of weeks is just too much. I understand it's about building brand, selling merchandise, I get it. But seriously. Enough already, MiLB.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Rumble Pony was a nickname for the horses on a carousel. They used to make carousels in Binghampton. I like the name.

Actually the article says something about Binghampton being the carousel capital of the world or some jazz like that, so yeah, you hit it on the head. Just don't think most people have ever heard carousel horses called Rumble Ponies before...at least I haven't

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Rumble Pony was a nickname for the horses on a carousel. They used to make carousels in Binghampton. I like the name.
That carousel in Binghamton was Rod Serling's inspiration for a scene in a classic episode of The Twilight Zone he wrote called "Walking Distance". I love the name.

Members online

Latest posts