Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arod 3,000 hit!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaMT1327

May 8, 2015
I wonder if any kids were pushed out of the way or cussed at for him to catch that ball.

I really wish he would give the ball up. Alex has been through so much, it makes me sad to see Zack Hample not give the ball up. Unlike Christian Lopez (The guy that caught Jeters 3,000th hit, and asked for nothing), Zack is a jerk, at least in my mind.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Maybe there are some examples to prove me wrong, but do scandals really have long term effects on collectibles? Rose, OJ Simpson, Shoeless Joe, Bonds, McGwire, Arod, etc. In the long run, nobody gives it away (the good stuff, at least), so the prices remain strong for the better players/better stuff.

At least Bonds RCs took a serious hit and have not recovered.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Ball was caught by Zack Hample.

I laughed my ass off when I heard he not only caught the ball but wasn't just going to give it back to A-Rod. He just did a great interview on Sports Center where he gave a very reasoned and thought out answer as to what he was thinking of doing with the ball and why. He mentioned giving some of the sale proceeds to a baseball charity he has been working with for years and maybe having the Yankees and A-Rod pay him matching donations for the ball.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Zack is what's wrong with society today.
Arod wasn't asking for the ball back for free...Zack flat out said I won't negotiate with Arod at all...wouldn't even talk to Arod's people.
And for the love of all things can people please get over the steroid thing...it was a ****ING Era of baseball!!!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Arod wasn't asking for the ball back for free...Zack flat out said I won't negotiate with Arod at all...wouldn't even talk to Arod's people.
And for the love of all things can people please get over the steroid thing...it was a ****ING Era of baseball!!!

Disagree here though ;) Not that I dislike ARod , but I think people dislike him more than most because of how he handled it and was involved in the stuff multiple times , including when it wasn't the "era". I'm over it , but I can see why some aren't

Ryan

A_Pharis

Actually, he called out reports (that started with Yankee affiliate news agencies) saying he wouldn't talk to the Yankees. On Twitter, he said that - by the time he saw that report - he had already spoken with the organization multiple times and was even already thinking out one of their proposals. He thinks the "won't negotiate" sounded better for people trying to get clicks.

I agree. The guy is "different," but I don't think he didn't at least listen to what they had to say.

A_Pharis

Also - Steroid Era or not - doesn't mean that what was done didn't leave a blemish on baseball. Why should anyone get over it? It's a dark aspect to the game, and purists have a right to show their displeasure.

I don't think any of them deserve the recognition or the consideration of even appearing on a ballot.
That includes Pettitte, Ortiz, ARod - all of them.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I don't think Zack was lucky. The guy is well prepared. He has his scouting report and positions himself to the batter. He was bound to catch a milestone ball eventually. I think he's a little squirrelly, but good for him.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Maybe there are some examples to prove me wrong, but do scandals really have long term effects on collectibles? Rose, OJ Simpson, Shoeless Joe, Bonds, McGwire, Arod, etc. In the long run, nobody gives it away (the good stuff, at least), so the prices remain strong for the better players/better stuff.

I should have been more specific.Will his rookies ever be worth anything again?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I really wish he would give the ball up. Alex has been through so much, it makes me sad to see Zack Hample not give the ball up. Unlike Christian Lopez (The guy that caught Jeters 3,000th hit, and asked for nothing), Zack is a jerk, at least in my mind.

I don't think he's a jerk just because he wants to keep the ball.He has a right to catch the ball just as much as anyone else.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Also - Steroid Era or not - doesn't mean that what was done didn't leave a blemish on baseball. Why should anyone get over it? It's a dark aspect to the game, and purists have a right to show their displeasure.

I don't think any of them deserve the recognition or the consideration of even appearing on a ballot.
That includes Pettitte, Ortiz, ARod - all of them.

Exactly.

Members online

Latest posts