Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mike Witt Black Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richtree

Jan 4, 2010
So, I recently have been working with someone who found a bunch of these.....

I won't say how many now, but lets say you had 50 of these....what would you do ?

what would your strategy be after you pick one and decide to sell the rest ?

My original guess is there is about 100-200 in our known collectors hands, but obviously more out there we don't know about on the boards/ebay.

The value of these obviously goes down the more you find ?

what to do ?

thanks

rich
[email protected]

richtree

Jan 4, 2010
would you grade such a rare card ? PSA or BGS ? if you had 100 then what / ????

trying to help someone feel out the right thing to do since he isn't a collector but stumbled on a bunch.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I don't have any advice for you but I am looking one for my PC. I did notice one was posted on eBay today by a seller with zero feedback. He decided on a $200 opening bid. The last one I watched ended early probably a back door without eBay deal. I will say that when someone "finds" a bunch of these people in the hobby get skeptical of the authenticity. Especially when we see one or two listed a year then.....boom.. someone happens to have 50+ For sale.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
If indeed they are authentic then the smartest thing would be to list 1 then wait a few months then list another and so on. If you flood the market then you will lose a ton of money. Also, when people realize that there are way more in existence then previously thought you also will hurt the value substantially IMO.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
If indeed they are authentic then the smartest thing would be to list 1 then wait a few months then list another and so on. If you flood the market then you will lose a ton of money. Also, when people realize that there are way more in existence then previously thought you also will hurt the value substantially IMO.

I agree with you 100%. For years I needed a Paul O'Neill 1990 Donruss Aquesous Test card. After years one popped and I was all in. I won it for under $200. Shortly after another one got listed. I watched it sell for half of what I paid. Then another then another. Four in about 2 months. I ended up picking a second copy since then for peanuts. One has been listed over and over without selling with a BIN of $13 over the last six months.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Had no idea what was being talked about so went to eBay to look it up.

Why in the world did Upper Deck stick the black box on the back of the card covering all the way to his head?

What's the story? Wrong uniform?

Thanks,
Jeff