Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC on eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The one thing (well there is more than one) that I always wanted eBay to implement was a way to select the listings you never want to see again. Basically you check a box, save it, and regardless of how many times it gets listed you won't see it again if your logged into your acct.

Ryan

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Alright so..... I saw a card on eBay during my searches that was from COMC. I then saw the same card while doing my searches on COMC but on their site the card was on sale (price in green). The owner of the card sets that sale price. So my question is: If someone buys it of eBay instead of the sight for the full price who gets the extra money?

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
Alright so..... I saw a card on eBay during my searches that was from COMC. I then saw the same card while doing my searches on COMC but on their site the card was on sale (price in green). The owner of the card sets that sale price. So my question is: If someone buys it of eBay instead of the sight for the full price who gets the extra money?
The seller would get the price it sold for on eBay, less the 20% off offer. Same with Amazon.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I just noticed COMC on ebay about an hour ago. I hardly ever go to COMC because of their high prices, especially shipping. But I was doing a search for 1998 Tek Thome and 1 of the last 10 (out of 90) cards I needed popped up. So I bought it. The price was high (3.99 shipping) but not as bad as others I've seen on the COMC site. So I can't complain.:p

Berkey33

Nov 8, 2014
I just noticed COMC on ebay about an hour ago. I hardly ever go to COMC because of their high prices, especially shipping. But I was doing a search for 1998 Tek Thome and 1 of the last 10 (out of 90) cards I needed popped up. So I bought it. The price was high (3.99 shipping) but not as bad as others I've seen on the COMC site. So I can't complain.:p

I just buy on COMC wait till there is a free shipping promo, once or twice a year, then ship. I don't need my PC cards in hand asap so to me it works great. Even if I did, say I have 20 cards on COMC, shipped the standard $3.00. 3/20=.15 cents per card to ship. Great deal. I've only paid for shipping once on COMC and paid the rapid $4.99 since I had a card that was going to be a x-mss gift. 159 total cards shipped to me for $4.99 = .03 cents per card. That's crazy.

-------------------
Agree with others that seeing COMC cards on ebay is a pain in the butt for me as well.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX

Why wouldn't you just buy the card on COMC instead and save the buck for shipping, or save to ship later?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yeah, not sure high shipping is what if consider a COMC downside. Bout the best shipping plan there is in qty.

Ryan

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
I always wait until I have 100 cards, at that point they are giving me money to ship my cards.

and yes, as I was scrolling though all of the same overpriced stuff I've seen for years on COMC in my ebay saved searches, I'll have to go through and add the -comc to 74 searches tonight.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
So do Joel****show's $50 1994 Donruss commons show up on ebay?

And on a more serious note, what happens when a card that is incorrectly listed is sold on ebay? Is it COMCs fault for not IDing a card properly, or the original sellers for failing to keep their inventory accurate?

Last edited:

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I just buy on COMC wait till there is a free shipping promo, once or twice a year, then ship. I don't need my PC cards in hand asap so to me it works great. Even if I did, say I have 20 cards on COMC, shipped the standard $3.00. 3/20=.15 cents per card to ship. Great deal. I've only paid for shipping once on COMC and paid the rapid $4.99 since I had a card that was going to be a x-mss gift. 159 total cards shipped to me for $4.99 = .03 cents per card. That's crazy.

-------------------
Agree with others that seeing COMC cards on ebay is a pain in the butt for me as well.
Great idea. Thanks!

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
I'm clearly in the minority but I love comc. There's a lot of Belle cards I'd like to have, but a lot of them aren't even worth the shipping costs on eBay. I regularly check comc and slowly add to my inventory then ship about once every six months. And while I agree that it's been a frustrating week with eBay searches, I've found at least three cards that I've immediately gone over to comc and purchased. Comc is typically overpriced, but I've found that most every card can be had for somewhat less through offers.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'm clearly in the minority but I love comc. There's a lot of Belle cards I'd like to have, but a lot of them aren't even worth the shipping costs on eBay. I regularly check comc and slowly add to my inventory then ship about once every six months. And while I agree that it's been a frustrating week with eBay searches, I've found at least three cards that I've immediately gone over to comc and purchased. Comc is typically overpriced, but I've found that most every card can be had for somewhat less through offers.

I like COMC, think it has many positives. Just don't want it crossed w eBay in the current format.

Ryan

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
COMC = awesome.

COMC listings on eBay = NOT awesome.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Where is COMC on this matter? We all know why it is happening, but do they care? There are employees who are members here. I'd like to see one authorized to comment to provide an opinion. We all like the theory behind COMC until it becomes more of a dumping ground for overpriced junk.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I found a reasonable priced card on ebay today (via COMC). Went to COMC to order it and saved a buck. Unfortunately it's their same ****ty one week shipping. Too bad they haven't figured out how to streamline their operations to ship it in a reasonable 1-2 days.

Good thing for me is I think all my followed searches follow the "lowest price + shipping" first sort. Means most of the COMC stuff in my followed searches email are listed at the end where I quit looking because the search results are overpriced. I only look at the part of the email listing the stuff within the range of what I'm willing to pay. Bottom line - I'm getting more emails on my followed searches because of the COMC consignment thing but the overpriced stuff they list on ebay gets overlooked when I read my emails.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
So as I see it they have 1.5 million or so cards and 5 sold, yet their feedback has jumped like 200 points in the last week. Where is that coming from? Some type of integrated feedback with their site? Are they using that eBay ID to buy? Just seems like the numbers aren't adding up.

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts