Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Clayton Kershaw rejects obnoxious ball hog Zack Hample.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
LOL, good for Kershaw.

ESPN -- Zack Hample, a fan who claims to have collected over 9,000 baseballs at Major League Baseball games, said Clayton Kershaw rejected his request for a special Father's Day ball Sunday.

Hample, who attended Sunday's Dodgers-Reds game in Cincinnati, claimed in a series of tweets that he asked Kershaw for one of the Father's Day baseballs, only to be turned down by the ace pitcher.

TWITTER - @zack_hample

Today I asked Clayton Kershaw if I could have a baseball. He said, "No, you got 7,000 of 'em." #rejected

...it was a blue Father's Day ball. I said, "It would mean so much to me," and Kershaw was like, "No, it wouldn't." <sigh> Still love him.

Hample, attempting to make a logical argument, also jabbed at Kershaw, saying that the star left-hander's "next paycheck shouldn't mean all that much to him, right?"

TWITTER - @zack_hample

...with that logic, Kershaw's next paycheck shouldn't mean all that much to him, right?

Hample made headlines in 2015 when he caught Alex Rodriguez's 3,000th hit -- a home run -- at Yankee Stadium and negotiated a compensation package from the Yankees in exchange for returning the ball to the now-retired slugger.

As part of the agreement, the Yankees donated $150,000 to a charity that Hample supports.

Hample, 39, also drew the ire of the 82nd Airborne Division last year when he sneaked into a game at Fort Bragg that was meant exclusively for military personnel.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I wouldn't rip a card out of a kid's hand. Unless it was a Bickford of course
A Brandon Wood Super (insert whatever card you want of him) and the kid isn't surviving.

I know he has done some things people don't like, there is no denying that, but he has spent a lot of $ to enjoy his hobby, given a decent amount to charity and caught some pretty nice pieces. I don't lean all the way to I hate the guy land I guess.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
A Brandon Wood Super (insert whatever card you want of him) and the kid isn't surviving.

I know he has done some things people don't like, there is no denying that, but he has spent a lot of $ to enjoy his hobby, given a decent amount to charity and caught some pretty nice pieces. I don't lean all the way to I hate the guy land I guess.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
Find me one person not knocking down a kid for a Brandon wood super. I'm not against the guy. He gets tons of hate on the ol Twitter, but who doesn't. I don't get denying kids a ball though. I got one mlb foul ball and gave it to a kid behind me. I've gotten several minor league balls and only kept one, from my daughter's first game

Members online

Latest posts