Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Alfonso Soriano Is On Fire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
I was REALLY hoping the Pirates would have gotten him. They guy is awful in the outfield but a great hitter.

Sig40cal

Jul 23, 2012
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
I'm glad he has a little life left in that big ole bat of his. I was kinda dreading him coming back to the NYY but other than his stumble to get his 2000th hit I think he's been more than serviceable.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I look forward to your post when goes back the old Soriano next week.
He was so streaky for the Cubs.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
Actually, Soriano has become an average defender the last few seasons. Above average in range, below average arm. Honestly watching the last couple of weeks there's not much difference in watching Granderson or Soriano in left. Both track well, cover ground and look like middle school kids throwing the ball.

According to fangraphs, since becoming an outfielder in 2006 soriano has been excellent, but was a very bad 2nd baseman. Just reporting the numbers.

:78.4 fielding runs above average using UZR in 8 years is excellent
:33.2 fielding runs above average using UZR in 2007 alone holy crap that is ridiculously amazing.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I look forward to your post when goes back the old Soriano next week.
He was so streaky for the Cubs.

Soriano is streaky, but you just have to understand that's how he is as a player. His hot streaks in 2007 and 2008 led the Cubs into the playoffs. He really had only one bad year with the Cubs in 2009. He's been hot for about 2 consecutive months now and was carrying the Cubs offense before the trade. As much as I have hope for the Cubs future, his last 2 months with the team he was a better hitter than Castro, Rizzo, or anyone else on the team (perhaps excepting Schierholtz). Soriano was overpaid by the Cubs, and he was incredibly frustrating when he was cold, but overall he was a good player throughout his time in Chicago who was unfortunately paid like a great player.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Four homers away from 400.
If he played second base for his entire career, he'd be a borderline Hall of Famer like Jeff Kent.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
So far tonight...

RBI Single
3R Home Run

5 HR AND 18 RBI in his last five games.

On, and Mark Reynolds hit a 2R HR in his first at bat as a Yankee.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
King Soriano!

10th HR and 33 RBI in 30 games since his return to the Yankees.'

Here we go again!

Soriano with his 2nd HR of the night!

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
The morons on espn talk about ARod being the catalyst for the Yankees. Truth is Soriano is the difference maker.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using the FCB mobile app.