Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa

Wow what a huge ending price! 1/1 to boot. I'll have to see what other quads are on that checklist, it is a neat and classic design. Only one I have from that set was this one. I don't remember the serial numbering but I think it is /25:

show11.jpg

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
A couple of my pick ups from the national. 2008 topps sterling 8 patch book cards of mel ott and Roberto Clemente

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 37

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Great stuff. How would you say they were priced at the Natty vs eBay?

Ryan

I was pleased with all the cards I bought. They were not cheap, but certainly not way overpriced. Feel like everything I bought was fair for both myself and the seller. I was happy. My oponion on most people selling stuff at the national falls into two categories. 1. Collectors who are they to basically show there stuff off and let others see it. They are willing to sell, but price will be really high. 2. Dealers who are looking at moving cArds and products. Deals can be had a lot of time for under ebay or beckett values. The reason in my oponion is simple economics. Competition! There are so many dealers there and so many of the same or similiAr cards, if you don't like the price just go find a different table. Chances are the card is there also. To add to that the dealers have to move enough product to justify spending the table fee to get into the national.

but once again I was completely comfterable with what I paid. Espically comfterable with where I bought my ruth button at.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Two beautiful 2005 absolute memorabilia black roger maris cards. Jumbo black roger maris Yankees jumbo patch. Black maris Kansas city athletics button. Both are 1/1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 27

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa

Damn, I should have written 1/2 on the front of mine! I forgot you had that one :)

Two beautiful 2005 absolute memorabilia black roger maris cards. Jumbo black roger maris Yankees jumbo patch. Black maris Kansas city athletics button. Both are 1/1

I almost missed the patch since it was so close to the black window. Both of those are BEAUTIFUL cards!!!

A_Pharis

ugh, I always forget who people collect...

Sorry about that!

maybe we can figure something out...

Lol! It's cool, man. If I wanted it bad enough I would have bid more. That's how eBay works. It's not the first time nor the last.

If you get in hand, though, and could see yourself moving it - then I'd love to see what I have that would give you value on it, but please don't feel pressured. I won zero of the auctions I bid on yesterday so no single one of them was the straw that broke my back.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Lol! It's cool, man. If I wanted it bad enough I would have bid more. That's how eBay works. It's not the first time nor the last.

If you get in hand, though, and could see yourself moving it - then I'd love to see what I have that would give you value on it, but please don't feel pressured. I won zero of the auctions I bid on yesterday so no single one of them was the straw that broke my back.

I'll let you know when I get it. I could definitely move it.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Picked this maris up also, and this card is just amazing. If you look at a 1959 Kansas city athletics jersey you will find on the sleeve is a patch of a elphant that is standing on top of a baseball. This Fotg patch contains a huge chunk of the baseball from the sleeve patch. Just epic!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 32

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Picked this maris up also, and this card is just amazing. If you look at a 1959 Kansas city athletics jersey you will find on the sleeve is a patch of a elphant that is standing on top of a baseball. This Fotg patch contains a huge chunk of the baseball from the sleeve patch. Just epic!!!

Great looking! You def hit some nice RMs. Seriously what's missing from this thread? The Shoeless Barrel n Gibson (yes even if only issued). But there is basically a representation of the best cards of most HoF players.

Ryan

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Great looking! You def hit some nice RMs. Seriously what's missing from this thread? The Shoeless Barrel n Gibson (yes even if only issued). But there is basically a representation of the best cards of most HoF players.

Ryan

If it's worth anything the guy I bought these cards from owns the joe jackson knob! I also know who owns the jackson barrel. However I do not know who owns the josh gibson :(

Members online