Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Running Hank Greenberg pickup thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
This now completes the 2014 Classics Home Run Heroes subset for Hank.

Along with:

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Ah yes, that is one set I do not have any cards from yet....I'll def have to keep an eye out for those :)

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Biggest vintage pickup I've had all year imo. The incredibly rare 1936 World Wide Gum issue is one of the most coveted vintage Greenberg issues, and even in rough condition bring tons of coin. Incredibly happy to land this one, as even though it's low-grade it still has nice eye appeal!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Biggest vintage pickup I've had all year imo. The incredibly rare 1936 World Wide Gum issue is one of the most coveted vintage Greenberg issues, and even in rough condition bring tons of coin. Incredibly happy to land this one, as even though it's low-grade it still has nice eye appeal!

Congratulations. That looks great just the way it is. I'll take that card over 10 new Panini GU cards. I'm jealous, need the Rabbit Maranville from that set, even though it's a funny picture of Maranville as it's a Manager card. Hoping to find one in lower condition like your Greenberg.

1936_v355_world_wide_gum_129_rabbit_maranville_fr.jpg

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Congratulations. That looks great just the way it is. I'll take that card over 10 new Panini GU cards. I'm jealous, need the Rabbit Maranville from that set, even though it's a funny picture of Maranville as it's a Manager card. Hoping to find one in lower condition like your Greenberg.

1936_v355_world_wide_gum_129_rabbit_maranville_fr.jpg
Thanks. It's a tough card and a tough set. I think as the years go on, this set and cards within it will continue to rise in value. How often have you seen the Maranville pop up?

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Haven't updated this thread in a bit, here are some recent pickups from the last two months

I found this really cool postcard and haven't seen anything like it before, so I had to have it

Always happy to add another cut auto

Been after this bat card for a long time, happy to finally land it

These two were gifts from [MENTION=7024]holybull[/MENTION], he's been quite the good friend to me!

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Haven't updated this thread in a bit, here are some recent pickups from the last two months

I found this really cool postcard and haven't seen anything like it before, so I had to have it

Nice shoes, brah. ;)

As a stats junkie I love this cut. That season was borderline ridiculous! One of 6 members of the 60 doubles club. Clean sig, too.

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
Nice! As others have said, really like the stamp and the postcard. Great additions.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Havent' posted in a while, it was slow for me before the National so I could save up for something nice.

These were mail, before the National:

And these from the National:

An upgrade from my SGC 30 (SGC has this already)

This is the prize, can't wait to get this back

Thanks for looking!

Members online

Latest posts