Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Send me your Larkin want List via email and I will print it out and keep an eye out for you. You have been one of the easiest people to deal with on this particular board and I will help you if I can This Barry.. Barry Larkin... was a credit to baseball . Carl T.

I promise I will not try to pick the cards up, flaunt them in your face that I have them, and then try to sell them on ebay for 5x+ high Beckett like a few of these people do on this board for jollies. I can make you aware of where some are if I come across some I know you need for your Larkin set. You have two more Larkin diffractors than I do as I have one in my ONE completed 1998 TEK diffractor set. Thats its . One. Tough to find.

Thanks Carl. I will send you my list this evening when I get home from work. It looks like I still need 22 of the base patterns. I haven't really followed this thread closely enough to know what caused all of the "tension", but I know you and Richard were both a pleasure to deal with and I appreciate the help you guys provided in adding several cards to my collection. On another note - it does seem like Larkin is a particularly hard player to find from the 1998 set - his diffractors rarely, if ever, come up for sale, and they usually go for crazy prices. Go figure... I know most of the other Larkin collectors and they only have 1 or 2 of his diffractors as well.

Thanks again for your help!
Kyle

elberson

Sep 13, 2012
Charlotte NC
The tek gods have spoken

I picked up the final 9 tek bonds I needed for my third set.

i like to thank all who have helped with my quest and really appreciate your help with my set needs.

Good luck to everybody on there journey

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
I guess that means there are at least seven or eight Bonds completed 90 card 1998 Topps TEK sets that I am aware of out there. Congrats for finishing 3 of them.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Nice accomplishment! I forget - do you have any Bonds Diffractors?

Some Tek base (a near set) was recently posted on Sportlots. Unfortunately the seller didn't list the pattern numbers, but he's responsive. I cherry picked the best deals, but there's still plenty to be had for player collectors. Katieneack - I already checked on the Larkin and you don't need it.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
The tek gods have spoken

I picked up the final 9 tek bonds I needed for my third set.

i like to thank all who have helped with my quest and really appreciate your help with my set needs.

Good luck to everybody on there journey

Wow lol... That's great. Now what?!

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

elberson

Sep 13, 2012
Charlotte NC
Which is what. What else do you collect? Also, just curious, how do you store those sets? Binders maybe

---
I store mostly everything in boxes, not a big binder fan. I have a very awesome game used collection. I collect a lot of Hof guys (Aaron,mays,Williams,mantle,DiMaggio). I was thinking of starting a vintage mays and Aaron Collection???

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
Ultra Pro make a great 10 page binder that stores 90 cards..Perfect for the player collectors and set builders for 1998 TEK

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
Can anyone let me fill my gwynn list i need 6. 2,4,11,28,50,72 and 79,84 i have but would like in better condition thanks

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Just hit a BIN on a box on ebay for $158 dlvd. I'll probably be running a box break like I did here, but since I had to pay more for this box it will be $25 a lot. If the slots don't sell I guess I'll just have to rip it for myself!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just hit a BIN on a box on ebay for $158 dlvd. I'll probably be running a box break like I did here, but since I had to pay more for this box it will be $25 a lot. If the slots don't sell I guess I'll just have to rip it for myself!

Was it an auction and then put up for BIN? Saw something an before I could exchange a message back to the seller, it was gone.

I would be interested in a break depending on the set-up or whatever. I would entertain like a snake draft for team or something.

---

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Yeah, he had it up last night at a starting bid of $9.99. Apparently he got a lot of messages and put it up for $150 obo. My offer in PMs was $125, so I just stepped up before it disappeared.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yeah, he had it up last night at a starting bid of $9.99. Apparently he got a lot of messages and put it up for $150 obo. My offer in PMs was $125, so I just stepped up before it disappeared.

I'm sure. Should of dropped a bid on it to make it harder for him to take down.

Anyways, I'm interested in a break depending on set-up. What are your thoughts?

---

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It's going to be the same set up as before. The trading aspect was fun.

So you'll pick 6 or 8 lots and you'll just put teams in each? I look forward to seeing the set-up. Nice pick up on the box too. Who knows how many are left.

---

Members online