Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Not Joking - Topps Introduces a $27,000/Box Product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apr 13, 2014
I was planning on writing a bunch of jokes such as the product would have sketch cards, jumbo dumbo box toppers, and 1/1s in many colors, redemptions..... but after reading the link its actually all true. (besides the redemptions . . .so far)

Topps has become a parody of itself.

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
If I had $27k to drop on a product I would not purchase a box and hope to get something I wanted. I would go out and buy SEVERAL high end cards/items that have been on my personal wish list for some time....

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Nice looking product. I'll offer 2700

I hope the guy who drops 27k on this and pulls the Pee Wee Reese box topper cut auto is filming when he does so.

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
There are people with this type of money to spend in the hobby. They just do not buy stuff like this. The buy high grade Mickey Mantle and Jackie Robinson cards. Nolan Ryan RCs in PSA 9. Not the same old tired autograph bs.

djmilhaus

Sep 8, 2014
Seattle
I want to pull the Doc/Darryl dual coke card, a Pete Rose amphetamine, a Barry Bonds cream 1/1 and a Barry Bonds clear 1/1. There's gotta be some great stuff in there.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I just wanna know two things:

How many redemptions per box and how many Matt Bush autos are possible?

DTA

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
$500 per auto basically. I'll get an RJ from this for under $150, 100% guaranteed.

Box toppers include Bill & Hillary Clinton cut autos, lul.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
$500 per auto basically. I'll get an RJ from this for under $150, 100% guaranteed.

Box toppers include Bill & Hillary Clinton cut autos, lul.

My thought exactly, people will spend the money but how do they expect to recoup the price? Its just like The Mint but multiplied. Is it a power/prestige thing?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
My thought exactly, people will spend the money but how do they expect to recoup the price? Its just like The Mint but multiplied. Is it a power/prestige thing?
IMO there are people out there with plenty of money. If they want to buy stuff for power/prestige, they need to buy things that matter or are classics. Not things that people will forget about within a few weeks of release.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I hope the hobby never gets to the point where 27k will be forgotten about. A lot like the SP set from 2000 or so that had a game used bat card in each pack, that was a pioneer type idea that is quite ho hum now. I hope 27k a box never falls into the ho hum category. I definitely agree that power/prestige people should be buying HOF rookies or full vintage sets or something of historical significance not "the new fad". Here's a fun game, you have 27k to spend in the hobby, what do you buy?

1 Ted Williams play ball 1939
2 babe Ruth card in a Sox uniform
3 herb Pennock 1922
4 Jimmy Collins fan craze 1906

Basically get my last couple hard to get items for my Red Sox HOF PC. After the babe I might not have much left though.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Definitely will be buying singles as I'll be glad to pick up $5 autos from this release! ;)

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I hope the hobby never gets to the point where 27k will be forgotten about. A lot like the SP set from 2000 or so that had a game used bat card in each pack, that was a pioneer type idea that is quite ho hum now. I hope 27k a box never falls into the ho hum category. I definitely agree that power/prestige people should be buying HOF rookies or full vintage sets or something of historical significance not "the new fad". Here's a fun game, you have 27k to spend in the hobby, what do you buy?

1 Ted Williams play ball 1939
2 babe Ruth card in a Sox uniform
3 herb Pennock 1922
4 Jimmy Collins fan craze 1906

Basically get my last couple hard to get items for my Red Sox HOF PC. After the babe I might not have much left though.
I think it's forgotten even before the release. Products/items that matter are those that even those who can't afford them are like, "wow, that's cool. I wish I could get that one day." Besides a couple cuts that would be nice, this is a $27k box of yawn IMO. I hate ragging on products as I think the hobby should stay more positive, but when things like this are produced and the cost is what it is, gotta call it what how I feel.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
How pissed would you be if your $27k box hit was John Boyega or Daisy Ridley? Hell for that price no one on the checklist would satisfy for that cost.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
How pissed would you be if your $27k box hit was John Boyega or Daisy Ridley? Hell for that price no one on the checklist would satisfy for that cost.

I hear you but Ridley is probably one of the most valuable autographs on the checklist! That base autograph design is one of the most uninspired designs I've seen in years. Good lord I'd expect better

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
I'd love to pull a 1/1 Jerry Garcia box topper autograph, but at $27K I'd go through another channel and get an auto of his elsewhere. Even if I were rich, I don't think I'd pull the trigger. Seems like an unnecessary product. Then again, there's plenty of them already.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I'd love to pull a 1/1 Jerry Garcia box topper autograph, but at $27K I'd go through another channel and get an auto of his elsewhere. Even if I were rich, I don't think I'd pull the trigger. Seems like an unnecessary product. Then again, there's plenty of them already.
I agree, I'd like a Garcia, but I don't know what autos,of his sell for. From a baseball HOF auto collector's perspective, a Christy Mathewson is my white whale. There is one included here, but it is a weaker example, one that would sell for maybe 9k at auction. 1/3rd the price of the box!!! Single signed Mathewson balls have sold for less than these boxes.

It's mind-boggling

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts