Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Porcello = Greatest Ever?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
It looks like he finished 3rd to me.. If you win more than 20 games and have a low ERA.. yep you should win..

22-4 - Porcello
18-9 - Kluber
16-9 - Verlander

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
22 wins, 3.14 ERA. Strikeout total wasn't considerably high, but if you get people out, who really cares how.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Basing it on wins and losses, at all, is ridiculous.

I have no beef with Porcello winning, but the fact that he won 22 games is irrelevant to the conversation.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Basing it on wins and losses, at all, is ridiculous.

I have no beef with Porcello winning, but the fact that he won 22 games is irrelevant to the conversation.

The pitcher win stat isn't irrelevant at all.

It's a second or third tier stat though. Quality starts is a MUCH bigger deal and honestly it's the first thing I look at.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Fair point. That is more what I meant. I really meant this: basing it SOLELY on wins is ridiculous. If wins is within the first three reasons given, then it is a weak argument.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Verlander understands that the best player doesn't always win... like his ROY... or his MVP... (Pedro Martinez didn't even win a MVP for his all-time great season)

As for Mrs. Cantaloupes, she made good timing for complaining. Once those cans go south nobody will care.... like the card guys say "show em if you got em" :rolleyes:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Verlander understands that the best player doesn't always win... like his ROY... or his MVP... (Pedro Martinez didn't even win a MVP for his all-time great season)

As for Mrs. Cantaloupes, she made good timing for complaining. Once those cans go south nobody will care.... like the card guys say "show em if you got em" :rolleyes:
bfdd958d0fe5c1f4af686e03fc5168b3.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Latest posts