Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Adjusted BGS Turnaround Times/Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but BO's posters are already hanging BGS in effigy for this.

Straight from their FAQ page:

Grading Pricing Grid
1-50 cards
51-99 cards
100+cards

2 Day Guarantee (Premium Level)
$40/card
$35/card
$23/card

5 Day Guarantee (Premium Level)
$30/card
$25/card
$20/card

10 Day Guarantee (Premium Level)
$20/card
$18/card
$15/card

Non-Guarantee Service (20-60 Day Estimate)
$10/card
$9/card
$8/card

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
More details:

Premium Service Levels (2, 5, and 10-day)- This service is required on all cards that are valued at $500 or more (ungraded, high Beckett book value). Cards submitted under any of the premium levels will receive guaranteed turnaround times and sub grades on all modern cards.

Non-Guaranteed Service Levels- This service level is not valid on any cards that are valued more than $500 Beckett (ungraded, high book value). This service level will not provide sub grades on modern cards (1981 and newer) that are deemed to receive a grade of 8 and below. Sub grades may be obtained for these cards at an additional cost. This service level does not offer a guaranteed turnaround but will provide an estimated date of return in the range of 20-60 business days

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I assume it has already, as this was on their site. [MENTION=2322]jeffv96masters[/MENTION] will probably see this thread and let us know.

Only asked because my rep said they would let some of us bigger sub guys know, before it was rolled out. It appears that didn't happen. I've talked to a couple others and none of us were emailed, even though all of us inquired last week and we're told we would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but BO's posters are already hanging BGS in effigy for this.

Just remember, labor's expensive or else they are just controlling demand for their existing graders. ;)

Can't wait to read PSA's next quarterly earnings report to see if BGS's missteps sends a lot more grading their way.

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
More details:

Premium Service Levels (2, 5, and 10-day)- This service is required on all cards that are valued at $500 or more (ungraded, high Beckett book value). Cards submitted under any of the premium levels will receive guaranteed turnaround times and sub grades on all modern cards.

Non-Guaranteed Service Levels- This service level is not valid on any cards that are valued more than $500 Beckett (ungraded, high book value). This service level will not provide sub grades on modern cards (1981 and newer) that are deemed to receive a grade of 8 and below. Sub grades may be obtained for these cards at an additional cost. This service level does not offer a guaranteed turnaround but will provide an estimated date of return in the range of 20-60 business days

I have only graded a couple cards in the past, but am considering selling some parts of my collection that would be good to have graded. Im in no hurry, so for the lower end cards under $500 "high BV" the non-guaranteed service level would suit me fine to save cost. But I am hoping someone can clarify the above statement? With the non-guaranteed level, do you get still get sub grades on a modern card that overall grades above an 8, or will the labels start looking like this Kershaw?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-bowman-chrome-draft-bdp26a-CLAYTON-KERSHAW-dodgers-rookie-card-BGS-9-5-/381792515980?hash=item58e49b778c:g:7ncAAOSwLF1X7UQU

With modern cards, it seems even a 9 is an outcast to be cracked and sold raw, so Im not following all the heartburn of not getting sub grades on a card that wouldnt grade above an 8 anyway...unless they are moving to overall grades only for modern non-guaranteed cards as my question indicates like the Kershaw pictured.

Latest posts