Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Zeke's Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Anyone think it's kind of "convenient" that since the suspension wasn't made official until Tuesday after 4pm (or whatever) that Zeke can still play in the Cowboys first game. Which just happens to be a prime time Sunday night game against the Giants, then he will be suspended 6 games which don't include any prime time or Monday night games.

It's convenient they want to suspend him, but let him play the prime time game so they still get the revenue from people tuning in and showing up.

See also Leveon Bell getting his suspension last year shortened just in time to come back for the big revenue matchup vs the Chiefs on Monday night...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Anyone think it's kind of "convenient" that since the suspension wasn't made official until Tuesday after 4pm (or whatever) that Zeke can still play in the Cowboys first game. Which just happens to be a prime time Sunday night game against the Giants, then he will be suspended 6 games which don't include any prime time or Monday night games.

It's convenient they want to suspend him, but let him play the prime time game so they still get the revenue from people tuning in and showing up.

See also Leveon Bell getting his suspension last year shortened just in time to come back for the big revenue matchup vs the Chiefs on Monday night...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Sorry...it doesn't matter if Zeke plays or not. that game will get great ratings.

The NFL was trying to wait out the judges decision and it didn't work.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I'm done with the NFL for real. It's not that entertaining and this kinda BS is ridiculous. I don't want to give them any of my time or money. I'll use football season for more family time. The raiders attempting to scam Oakland out of a new stadium already had me on the fence.

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm waiting for the NFL to suspend the Seahawks' Bennett 6 games for that fake narrative.

Zeke should never have gotten suspended as he never "officially" broke the law. Let's hope the players union strikes in 2021 over unwarranted suspensions. Than goodness some judge yesterday actually has a brain and stopped the NFL's ability to carry out Zeke's suspension.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I'm waiting for the NFL to suspend the Seahawks' Bennett 6 games for that fake narrative.

Zeke should never have gotten suspended as he never "officially" broke the law. Let's hope the players union strikes in 2021 over unwarranted suspensions. Than goodness some judge yesterday actually has a brain and stopped the NFL's ability to carry out Zeke's suspension.
You know the NFL doesn't have the same burden of proof that a district attorney does. Guy gets pulled over driving over 100 mph, he pulled down a woman's top and that's on video.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I'm done with the NFL for real. It's not that entertaining and this kinda BS is ridiculous. I don't want to give them any of my time or money. I'll use football season for more family time. The raiders attempting to scam Oakland out of a new stadium already had me on the fence.

A++

Exactly, same here.

I've been slowly losing interest for 2-3 years now. The league, players, rules and refs have all gone too far. Come to think of it I don't like a single part of this league anymore... doesn't matter if the team in my area wins 12 games (which is a reasonable guess) this sht isn't fun. :!:

As you said I will spend more time on family and if I really want football I will pay to see local HS for less price + the cash goes to getting them new helmets instead of punchable hoes.

Good thing I haven't much FB cards total. Willing to unload at good prices-

98 Crusade red(!) Garrison Hearst /25
Reggie White RC
a few Robert Turbin autos (too bad it's not an actual Turbin that he autographed) :lol:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom

How many former Major League Baseball players are currently being blackballed yet never “officially” broke the law?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
You know the NFL doesn't have the same burden of proof that a district attorney does.

yes, it's the vague "protect the shield" thing that the NFL can suspend for whatever stick is in Goodell's *** that day.

That's why i think the players need to strike in 2021 if the new contract doesn't call for the NFL only being able to suspend on a guilty plea or guilty trial decision since rumors can be easily started and spread in this day and age that will cause the league to suspend someone even if there are no criminal charges or convictions.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
yes, it's the vague "protect the shield" thing that the NFL can suspend for whatever stick is in Goodell's *** that day.

That's why i think the players need to strike in 2021 if the new contract doesn't call for the NFL only being able to suspend on a guilty plea or guilty trial decision since rumors can be easily started and spread in this day and age that will cause the league to suspend someone even if there are no criminal charges or convictions.

One, F*CK Goodell.

BUT the courts shouldn’t be involved in these decisions. There should be a ruling, appeals process, and then it’s done. End of story.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
BUT the courts shouldn’t be involved in these decisions. There should be a ruling, appeals process, and then it’s done. End of story.

you have to get the courts involved. The players play using the terms in a contract betweeen the NFL/owners and players so if one side thinks the contract is being violated, you have to go to court because the nfl/owners and players aren't going to agree on a resolution for a potential violation of a contract item such as the item that allowed the nfl to suspend zeke while the players union disagreed with what the nfl did.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
i have no interest in the nfl anymore. my team the ny giants has a player who is hyped up the kazoo who hasnt won anything. just tired of all the players who cant stay out of trouble. ps i moved recently have direct tv, got free sunday ticket for a year havent watched one game.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
i have no interest in the nfl anymore. my team the ny giants has a player who is hyped up the kazoo who hasnt won anything. just tired of all the players who cant stay out of trouble. ps i moved recently have direct tv, got free sunday ticket for a year havent watched one game.
I haven't watched it either. I really don't think it's entertaining. I do like college football but the nfl just isn't anything i care about anymore

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The judge delayed the hearing until later, probably MUCH later, so it looks like "Zeke" will play most of, if not all of, the season...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Looks like the suspension is back on. Judge dismissed his Injunction. PA has right to one more appeal, but doesn't look they're going to do it.

Cowboys have been running the ball very well in October, and his backups are certainly capable. Their upcoming schedule is VERY tough, so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out...