Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chatter on twitter suggests that Topps has lost it's NFL license.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Most likely pure rumor, in this hobby there's rarely length of time between such moves & official statements.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Can't Topps just pull a reverse Panini and produce cards without team logos? Would be hilarious to see Topps cards for Denver Professional Football Team in my opinion.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
It is. However it does not give them the rights to use team logos.

yep, that's why I laugh when I read about people wanting topps to release BC logoless football cards, because it's probably those same people complaining about Panini and their logoless cards.

While my Topps football tradition would come to an end, I hope Panini gets the NFL license so they can give some football collectors really well done chrome cards, not the phoned-in chrome usage that Topps has been doing the last few years.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
It is. However it does not give them the rights to use team logos.

Well I know that. I never brought up anything about logos :lol:.

You said Topps signs players individually, which I didn't think was the case since they have a licensing deal with the NFLPA. I had thought the NFLPA deal meant they weren't signing players individually (barring autographs, of course).

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Well I know that. I never brought up anything about logos :lol:.

You said Topps signs players individually, which I didn't think was the case since they have a licensing deal with the NFLPA. I had thought the NFLPA deal meant they weren't signing players individually (barring autographs, of course).

Its been on again off again for years

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Don't forget logoless is basically how Topps' football card career began. They can just resort to historically accurate "Heritage" designs from the 60s-70s.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Just heard that after 2015 Panini will be exclusive

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts