Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mussina Collector here ... Well O's Mussina.. Rare and HTF stuff.... Over 20k Moose cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

35-Mussina

Jan 16, 2015
Cape coral
Hey everyone... Looking for some of the hard to find Mussina cards... Like mirror golds, refractors... Limited stuff... Got over 20k so far.. Just adding more to my obsessive collection... :cool:

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
Welcome to FCB.

99_mussina_86of100_zpsbff0a16e.png

00_mussina_66of100_zpsf55b66ae.png

35-Mussina

Jan 16, 2015
Cape coral
Mostly just O's... Some off the wall Yankee stuff... I have 21 of the 30 made 97 select certified mirror gold.. Looking for 96 also.. I'll pop some pics on soon.. Some crazy stuff .... Thanks for the welcome...

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Mostly just O's... Some off the wall Yankee stuff... I have 21 of the 30 made 97 select certified mirror gold.. Looking for 96 also.. I'll pop some pics on soon.. Some crazy stuff .... Thanks for the welcome...

I have a Donruss League Leaders Mussina GU Shoe in Yankee uni if you'd be interested. He doesn't have too many GU shoe relics out there so figured that might fall into the "off the wall" category. Mine also appears to be a larger swatch from the fabric of the shoe as oppose to cleat/rubber/leather which I've seen more typically for shoe relics.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Love the "Moose"!

Where are you at? I've never heard of Cape Coral. Is that local to his hometown or from Baltimore?

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011

Pics por favor.

Dec 4, 2008
A couple of rare Orioles era ones:
1996 LEAF SILVER PRESS PROOF PARALLEL #191 MIKE MUSSINA ORIOLES SP 1 OF 1000
1998 DONRUSS COLLECTIONS PRIZED PROMO/SAMPLE MIKE MUSSINA SP
006.jpg017.jpg

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I ask this as someone just getting into 90's inserts and parallels........ Pinnacle announced the print run of 1996 Certified Mirrors, but didn't they print a lot more of the 1997 versions? I'm going off of what I saw on baseballcardpedia.com, which makes some references to FCB and Mr. Calfas specifically:

"Due to the popularity of this product in the secondary-market, and their financial troubles, Pinnacle Brands made five separate print runs of '97 Certified. After the first run sold out, Pinnacle produced an additional two runs before Certified went live. Afterward, another two press runs were ordered. It is believed that the Mirror Gold Certified Team inserts were exclusive to press runs 2 & 3, and the mysterious Mirror Blacks were only in the fifth and final run."

AND

"NOTE: Unlike the announced production figure of 90, 45, and 30 copies of each 1996 Select Certified Mirror Red, Blue, and Gold cards, the production figures for the '97 Mirrors were never publicly stated by Pinnacle Brands. Initially, it was assumed that the production figures were the same as the '96s, as the insertion ratios were roughly the same. However many collectors familiar with the '97 Mirror sets note that because Pinnacle made additional print runs both before and after the initial release of the product, the actual production runs were higher. While many of the Mirrors did pack out, some of those excess Mirrors may have been "backdoored" after Pinnacle Brands' 1998 bankruptcy filing. In fact, one collector posted to Freedom Cardboard a picture of 53 different Mirror Gold cards of Brian Hunter.<ref>http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103527</ref>"

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Can we see this lot of Mirror Golds? It would be a freaking epic picture if you really do have 21 copies of it lol

See my question above. Isn't it generally accepted that there were a lot more than 30 of the 1997 Mirror Golds? The baseballcardpedia.com entry I quoted above refers to am FCB thread (invalid address, though) where a guy had over 50 1997 Mirror Golds of a single player. It also claims that Pinnacle never stated the print runs of the 1997 Mirrors like they did in 1996, many collectors just assumed the run was the same. It's still impressive to have 21 of a guy, but based on the price the 1997's get vs. the 1996's, it's apparently well-known that the 1997's are much less rare. Or am I missing something?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
See my question above. Isn't it generally accepted that there were a lot more than 30 of the 1997 Mirror Golds? The baseballcardpedia.com entry I quoted above refers to am FCB thread (invalid address, though) where a guy had over 50 1997 Mirror Golds of a single player. It also claims that Pinnacle never stated the print runs of the 1997 Mirrors like they did in 1996, many collectors just assumed the run was the same. It's still impressive to have 21 of a guy, but based on the price the 1997's get vs. the 1996's, it's apparently well-known that the 1997's are much less rare. Or am I missing something?
Ahhhhhhhh you're right... I though he was referring to the '96s... never mind then, the '97s are not as rare at all and there are more than 30 copies for sure.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
100% more than 30 copies of the 97. Someone had a picture of like 70 of one player once. Nowhere does it say anywhere that they are limited to 30.

Members online

Latest posts