Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Tournament 5 - Wood Cards - We Have a Winner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Both cards are damn beautiful! I vote for the Canseco overall. Andre has some great patches as well. When it comes to two amazing cards, I will always default to the on card whenever a sticker is a choice. With that said, this is a tie between these two for me.

Last edited:

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Jose for the win!

attachment.php

We are on a first name basis for the finals....

Frank

attachment.php

and Jose

attachment.php

Final voting open until 23-Oct at 11 PM ET (We will run this one through the weekend).

Attachments

• Bracket jpg.jpg
    Bracket jpg.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 48
  • BunchOBull - Wood card Sized.jpg
    BunchOBull - Wood card Sized.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 53
  • mouschi - Wood.JPG
    mouschi - Wood.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 51

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I have the Canseco version of the Thomas (they did Canseco in Leather) and while I love it, I'd still pick my Museum over it. I'm a sucker for the silver sig and wood frame :)

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I really don't like how the Canseco looks printed on the wood. Granted, I don't really like wood cards in general because I don't think the printing looks good on any of them. But the Thomas is much better production value in my opinion, and I like the novelty of the 90's insert. So going Frank.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I chose to submit the Frank over modern wooden 1 of 1s because the sum is worth more than the parts in the case of Z2s; I wanted to submit something I figured would be different than the other submissions. I nearly submitted a '97 Elite Leather & Lumber executive promo, but didn't because it's both wood and "leather." I knew there'd be a lot of really high-end stuff submitted, but I'm still a fan of the pre-game use, pre-auto'd everything days, and miss the days of good design and few parallels versus the other option.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I chose to submit the Frank over modern wooden 1 of 1s because the sum is worth more than the parts in the case of Z2s; I wanted to submit something I figured would be different than the other submissions. I nearly submitted a '97 Elite Leather & Lumber executive promo, but didn't because it's both wood and "leather." I knew there'd be a lot of really high-end stuff submitted, but I'm still a fan of the pre-game use, pre-auto'd everything days, and miss the days of good design and few parallels versus the other option.

I took a look at your site - I'm in love with the cards you have! You have several wood 90's inserts that could have potentially won. I am gonna def. have to make some Cansecos of these dudes :)

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I took a look at your site - I'm in love with the cards you have! You have several wood 90's inserts that could have potentially won. I am gonna def. have to make some Cansecos of these dudes :)

I appreciate it Tanner. In reality, my site wasn't originally meant to showcase my card collection, it was originally meant as a PR piece to remind the BB Writers how dominant Big Frank was for a decade. When I started the site, there was so much negative talk about Frank having played half of his career at DH, I wrote a bunch of articles and sent them to as many writers as I could. I was fortunate in that a few of them sent items for my collection in the process. I was even lucky enough to get the 2013 ballot package - less the ballot - that first featured Frank's nomination for the 2014 induction. Anyway, the majority of the cards on the site are simply cards I had scanned in the past and just threw up as filler. I need to go through and scan my collection and upload the countless thousands of other cards I don't have images for, but I started having children and that's not a priority right now.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I've written about this before, but you know what is funny, is a little over 3 months ago, I launched a page on my website showing my wants. Someone here wrote me telling me they had a very hard to find card on my list. I was excited to have the opportunity to get it!

The FCB member told me it wasn't for sale and that he was just going to send it to me.

The card? A 1996 Collector's Choice Crash the Game Gold Exchange

07181621.jpg

The member? [MENTION=2840]BunchOBull[/MENTION]

The ironic part? It is made of WOOD.

Ross, thank you again. I LOVE the card!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I've written about this before, but you know what is funny, is a little over 3 months ago, I launched a page on my website showing my wants. Someone here wrote me telling me they had a very hard to find card on my list. I was excited to have the opportunity to get it!

The FCB member told me it wasn't for sale and that he was just going to send it to me.

The card? A 1996 Collector's Choice Crash the Game Gold Exchange

07181621.jpg

The member? @BunchOBull

The ironic part? It is made of WOOD.

Ross, thank you again. I LOVE the card!

BOB is good people.......imho, better card than the auto.....just saying

Members online