Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sadly I am done purchasing any new topps products until there is new ownership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Unfortunately Topps lack of care for it's customers has finally forced me to stop buying all of their new products. I just can't give any more of my money to a company that has such poor customer service. Twice I have placed orders on topps.com and they screwed both of them up. The final straw comes from their 3 mini box promotion. I purchased 3 mini boxes and since they were having a sale on t-shirts I ordered 5 t-shirts as well. After several days I got a refund of $6.25 for one of the shirts that wasn't in stock so no big deal. When my order finally arrived about 3 weeks after they received my money all I got was 4 of the 5 t-shirts and no cards. I called customer service to see if I could get my cards and they just took my information and said they would get back to me. After a week of not hearing anything back I opened a dispute through paypal. Topps offered to refund the $49.99 for the cards but would not refund any of the shipping. I asked for a refund of the full amount of shipping and after that got denied I asked for a partial refund of the shipping. They denied both and said :

Seller: Mike Your paying shipping on the other items that were shipped. If you would like you can return all the items and we can issue refund for the remaining amount

I don't want to pay to return the 4 shirts I just want a partial refund of the shipping and a refund for the cards or preferably Topps why don't you just ship the product I ordered? I don't want topps to make money off of charging me for shipping 8 items then not shipping the most important and heaviest part of the order and keeping the shipping charge. I just escalated the dispute to a claim with Paypal and I will let them decide but I also let Topps know that I have been a customer of theirs since 1986 and I am finally done, I hope $10.05 was worth it to lose a life long customer. I will still buy older topps cards on ebay but I will not buy any new product from Topps until there is an ownership change. I haven't decided what to do about the redemptions I still have outstanding. I guess I'll probably just keep waiting even though they are from 2012 products.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
I feel your pain. I still have redemptions out there for my favorite player, and they offered other cards right now, or I can wait for them to get the ones from the redemption. I opted to wait. 2 years now, and nothing. Their store is a joke and their customer service has gone downhill in the last 5 years. Good luck on your redemptions, and sorry for your order. Hopefully Paypal will side with you.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Yes, if Panini had a license to put the Astros logo on their Houston player cards, Topps wouldn't be screwing mmier118 out of the shipping cost for the 3 boxes he ordered.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I'm usually not one to advocate sticking to your guns out of principle, but this is actual BS. Topps should have refunded half the shipping and even have been very apologetic at that for not getting you the product that you ordered. I would send the t-shirts back as well, just take the full refund, and like you said buy singles. There's really no reason to not at least give a partial shipping refund.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I haven't bought a single Topps product in over 2 years. Best decision I ever made. The only thing I would even consider at this point is buying singles online and I don't even do that.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Not buying new and just buying singles defeats the purpose. The only way to avoid troops getting your money is stop buying any recent topps cards all together, even on the secondary market.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Not buying new and just buying singles defeats the purpose. The only way to avoid troops getting your money is stop buying any recent topps cards all together, even on the secondary market.

That doesnt actually hurt Topps at all...
They already sold the product to resellers...It will be the resellers who suffer, Not Topps..
Now if they sold ALL their products online ONLY,
then I could see it affecting them.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
That doesnt actually hurt Topps at all...
They already sold the product to resellers...It will be the resellers who suffer, Not Topps..
Now if they sold ALL their products online ONLY,
then I could see it affecting them.

Hurting resellers will inevitably and eventually hurt topps, it's the only way. Unfortunate for the reseller, but not the final buyers problem.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Did they charge you actual shipping costs or for the cost to ship wax and the shirts?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I should clarify that I would only buy a Topps card if it were a Kirby Puckett card but only as a single. The last Topps set I actually completed was 2010 Heritage and then I bought a handful of boxes in 2011 and 2012 but none since.

roundtree34

Aug 9, 2008
sounds about right, i'm still owed a 2012 topps chrome orange refractor of a joe schmo that I redeemed. the only answer I get about a replacement is that "were still waiting for him to return the cards".

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Topps is the main reason I don't collect cards anymore. I'm sick of being treated like garbage by their customer service, the sticker autos, and the high cost-little return on their products. It feels like the magic they once had has passed them by.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Now we just need 8,999,999 more collectors to do the same so Topps can feel the pinch. Not trying to have a sarcastic tone but it will take far more collectors to finally give up on the company before Topps will even think they have issues.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Did they charge you actual shipping costs or for the cost to ship wax and the shirts?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Freedom Card Board mobile app

The $10.05 shipping was the cost they charged to ship the wax and the shirts. The shirts were sent through Parcel select small post, from what I could find online actual shiping charges were probably between $3 and $4 dollars for the weight of the shirts

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I have been saying this for over a year...

TOPPS HAS NOT AND WILL NEVER CARE ABOUT ITS CUSTOMERS!!!

TOPPS YOU SUCK!

Whatchoo talkin bout!? I've got unfulfilled redemptions older than you!

Lol...j/k

Seriously, I'd send the shirts back and just be done with them. I buy a topps base set every year. Most of my other money is spent on panini.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I just loaded up an order for four shirts on their website and the shipping would have been $4.33 so even by their math they are ripping me off for $5.72. And trust me this is not about the money it's more about the way they treat their customers, especially when they are the ones that can't fulfill the order.

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I just loaded up an order for four shirts on their website and the shipping would have been $4.33 so even by their math they are ripping me off for $5.72. And trust me this is not about the money it's more about the way they treat their customers, especially when they are the ones that can't fulfil the order.

Agreed , I mean that's easy math they could have said ," oh yeah here is $5.72, sorry. " But I agree it's not the $ at times , though that much at least should have come back. It doesn't make spence when they can't fulfill an order , not to try and make you happy somehow.

Ryan