Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Josh Hader tweets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'm surprised this has been in the news since the evening of the AS Game and there's no thread.

No thoughts on it?

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Seems like they were pretty awful things to say, but it's hard for me to hold him to the fire for comments that are 8 years old and coming from a 17 year old kid.
I'd put much more stock in what his teammates say and I saw a couple go to his defense immediately. This was just a young talented kid being a moron...that's not news.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
" Dirty little secrets, dirty little lies
We got our dirty little fingers in everybody's pie
Love to cut you down to size, we love dirty laundry
We can do the innuendo, we can dance and sing
When it's said and done, we haven't told you a thing
We all know that crap is king, give us dirty laundry "

That's what I think about!

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Clearly those that are wanting to hang him out to dry NEVER did anything stupid when they were teenagers. ::facepalm::

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Clearly those that are wanting to hang him out to dry NEVER did anything stupid when they were teenagers. ::facepalm::

Keith Law has been especially vocal as one of these people. I'm sure he was a perfect angel as a 17 year old.

Obviously the things he said were pretty bad. I don't think anyone, short of a *** member anyway, would disagree with that. I remember 17 though, barely, and I said some rather ridiculously stupid stuff back then. I don't think I ever crossed so far over the line as Hader did, certainly not in a racist sense, but that would probably depend on the perspective of the people I was talking about at the time. I'm sure that the great majority of us could say the same about our own pasts.

People with racist viewpoints can, and do, change all the time so I'm willing to put a lot more weight on the comments of his current teammates, many of whom are minorities that immediately came to his defense as a great teammate and guy, than I am some comments from his 17 year old self on Twitter from 8 years ago. I think the demands from some, like Keith Law, for a suspension or worse are laughable. He screwed up eight years ago. By all available accounts he doesn't hold those viewpoints anymore. I don't have an issue with the sensitivity training I guess though most studies have shown it has negligible effect on people's actions but to punish him any further is just being punitive for the sake of optics.

Dec 4, 2008
I see the media as trying to foment divisiveness among the domestic US population, even more so within the past couple of years. It is pretty pathetic. ESPN, a Disney property, has been shamefully roped into this politicization. People seek out sports as a refuge; a diversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Keith Law has been especially vocal as one of these people. I'm sure he was a perfect angel as a 17 year old.

Obviously the things he said were pretty bad. I don't think anyone, short of a *** member anyway, would disagree with that. I remember 17 though, barely, and I said some rather ridiculously stupid stuff back then. I don't think I ever crossed so far over the line as Hader did, certainly not in a racist sense, but that would probably depend on the perspective of the people I was talking about at the time. I'm sure that the great majority of us could say the same about our own pasts.

People with racist viewpoints can, and do, change all the time so I'm willing to put a lot more weight on the comments of his current teammates, many of whom are minorities that immediately came to his defense as a great teammate and guy, than I am some comments from his 17 year old self on Twitter from 8 years ago. I think the demands from some, like Keith Law, for a suspension or worse are laughable. He screwed up eight years ago. By all available accounts he doesn't hold those viewpoints anymore. I don't have an issue with the sensitivity training I guess though most studies have shown it has negligible effect on people's actions but to punish him any further is just being punitive for the sake of optics.

Agreed.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I see the media as trying to foment divisiveness among the domestic US population, even more so within the past couple of years. It is pretty pathetic. ESPN, a Disney property, has been shamefully roped into this politicization. People seek out sports as a refuge; a diversion.
AMEN to that!!!!

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Fox sports 1 had tried as well, but no one watches it

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I agree that saying bad, stupid things as a 17 year old, is non-news, 8 years later, especially if he hasn't followed up with more of the same in that amount of time. We tend to over react, these days. React to the bad that IS happening, everyone!

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008

Nope, can’t say I called black people ni**ers or said I hate gay people when I was 17

Stop excusing ****ty behavior on youth.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I think he's changed. I don't think he's the same punk teenager who wrote those. More importantly, his teammates don't think that either.

I've seen plenty of redneck white-boys have their outlook on life changed after they've been thrown into what we might call a "multicultural" situation. Ask any Ozark cracker who went to basic training at Ft. Benning, GA.

Furthermore, I don't get people wanting to see him punished now. Do you not think he can change? Can anyone change. I'll take the hit as a "progressive liberal": too often we are incapable of seeing that people can change. And if that's the case, if every time someone comes out and says they're different (and actually acts different), and we just say "a leopard can't change his spots", then why are we asking for and working for change in the first place?

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Nope, can’t say I called black people ni**ers or said I hate gay people when I was 17

Stop excusing ****ty behavior on youth.

I won't speak for others, but I'm certainly not excusing, just pointing out that most people are quite different as 25 year olds as opposed to their 17 year old self. It's much more important what his teammates think of him now than what he said as, what I would think was a, a "big shot" teenager with an inflated ego due to all the attention he was receiving.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I think its funny some of the people who complain about young people these days being babied give a pass to a guy for only being 17.

This will all blow over quickly. We have a president who said he grabbed women by the ****** and people easily blew that off

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk