Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting Read: Concocted Beanie Baby Craze

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
I made some really good money on them. My girlfriend back then, now my wife got sick and she loves stuffed animals so I saw a few at a store for $5.00 each and the guy said I can't keep these in stock so i got all that he had...I think 6 that day. Well, I was one who did find out delivery dates and usually sold them within a month of buying them, like prospects, but much fast turn times. Then a frined of mine who managed a gift card store said he would sell them for me, so I would give him like 10 a week or so and he sold all of them for very good money ($50-$200 each). I still have some but who cares I must have made a few grand on them things.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
When I had my tonsils out in 1993 some family gave me a frog and dog Beanie Baby. Years later I dug them out of the attic and found out they would have been worth a small fortune during the rush.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I would be interested to see the highest that each Beanie Baby ever sold for. I know my sister and I had a bunch growing up. We would play with them, but the tags were never to come off. We even had some of those plastic cases that were made to keep the tags in good condition. I remember some of the ones that we had, but I'm fairly certain that they got lost in the move a few years back

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
The giveaway Beanies were a must have back then too. David Wells perfect game was a Beanie Baby day at Yankee Stadium. Valentino Bear was the bear. They actually have this bear in The Hall of Fame. It was a regular issue bear but the ones that were given out for Wells perfecto happened to have a spelling error on the tag. The word "original" was spelled wrong. It was spelled "Origiinal" I have a few ticket stubs to this game and the correct Beanie to go with the stub. Tough to find that "variation" spelling error if you needed it to go with the stub.
image-167.jpg

Edit to mention a card (picturing the bear) came with the giveaway. The back of the card showed the date, game being played, sponsor and had a serial number. I took this pic from the Internet but this is what the set looks like:
image-168.jpg

image-169.jpg

Last edited:

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
over 40,000 ended auctions on eBay, with a lot of the early stuff stilling going for hundreds/thousands of dollars. Craze may be over, but the collecting market still exists looks like.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Great read and brings back a lot of memories. I also am confused like [MENTION=10698]bigunitcards[/MENTION] regarding the warehouse they reference...

Members online