Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What should Topps do to clean up 5 Star?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Just some random thoughts as I look at 2.5 Star

- Lose the game used and make them Jumbo Patches.
- Guarantee a case hit.
- Limit production.
- Classier design.
- Museum Collection 2011 Auto finish.
- Better Markers.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
imo, the product is really solid.

It's providing something sorely missed in sports cards these days, excitement. Yes they could do a better job with condition. That does not change the fact that tons of beautiful cards are popping out of this product.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana

It's providing something sorely missed in sports cards these days, excitement. Yes they could do a better job with condition. That does not change the fact that tons of beautiful cards are popping out of this product.

I just don't see this on the level of Exquisite for the price.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

I agree with this. In terms of Topps and catching up to UD and their ability to put out a high end product, this is moving in the right direction. There is ZERO and I mean ZERO excuse for the cards to be pulled in the condition they are being pulled in and the price point is insane.

It honestly looks at some cards were teething toys or kids had them in their bike spokes.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
More jumbo patches please. There are more large relic patches in Museum Collection than 5 Star.

Allen

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Did it meet your collector's fine tastes?

I sold out yesterday. I got it in yesterday. 4 buyers, 9 boxes. I'd say, based on this, yes. They all seemed happy.

I only watched 3 get opened. Big hits were Koufax Au/25, Hamilton Au/1, Harper & Trout Autos. **Every box had 6 cards instead of 5, that was a surprise.

* should hear about more hits today and tomorrow

**there was a redemption card in every pack, and a "base card". I guess that's 5 hits really...

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
How about limit redemptions... I think every box/case break I've seen has a redemption... I would be PISSED if I dropped $500 on a box and got a f*cking redemption... wait for potentially years to get the card or never and have to trade it in ::facepalm::

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I still think is product looks like the Topps Museum from this year. But all in all the product has a good checklist. and some player collectors may shy way for awhile and let prices drop, so they can pick-up their guys and hopefully not have cards with rough edges. I may buy a few singles for some of the board members, but I'm not going in to the box route on this.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Ah, the 5-Star bash thread, I was looking for this. lol...

Pot, meet kettle....lol

But seriously, product doesn't look bad to me... It just feels like a 500.00 baseball pack cannot possibly yield good value...
Not topps fault, baseball just doesn't deliver the power punch to support a 500.00 pack.. BG

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
- Lose the game used and make them Jumbo Patches.

Agree with all of those but this was my first thought seeing the jumbo relics. They look really nice but they would have been instant classics if they had been all patches. Are there even jumbo patches in this? Haven't seen any yet. What's a high end product without jumbo patches? Unless its vintage a jumbo swatch isn't much to jump about in 2012

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts