Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Omar Vizquel stuff has gotten just stupid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
they can do what they want with their money. Doesnt change the fact that they have zero common sense and they could buy most if not all of these cards for a fraction of what they spend on them. If I were one of the big two collecting these. I would reach out to the other collector and work together to save myself thousands and thousands of dollars. I am shocked how these two collectors even have any money. Most people who have money are smarter than this.

It's on zero common sense too you. Maybe it's a competition between the two guys. Just because you or to most people it doesn't make sense...it doesn't actually mean they are doing anything wrong

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
It's on zero common sense too you. Maybe it's a competition between the two guys. Just because you or to most people it doesn't make sense...it doesn't actually mean they are doing anything wrong

I agree with you. I don't understand his serious issue with what people do with their money.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
you guys are funny.. i dont care what they do with there money. heck, they can spend a million dollars on a card if they want. I hope to cash in on their inability to understand simple economics. THEY control the market. And they CHOOSE to tuck their head in the sand and burn away their money. Just my opinion, I dont know why it bothers YOU so much.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

At exactly what point did he say they're doing something "wrong"?

He said they're idiots...it's an opinion.

One that I, and others, agree with.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
At exactly what point did he say they're doing something "wrong"?

He said they're idiots...it's an opinion.

One that I, and others, agree with.

I don't think they are idiots. It's there money, it's there choice, do what you want. They aren't dumb, a idiot, or whatever. I personally think it's great

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Why is it great? Because it brings alot of money and attention to the hobby. It's good to have people with big pockets collecting cards. I bet if you ever pull a rare vizquel card and sell it for 10k you will think it's great!

I woud think it is great if an idiot wanted to pay me 50 times what they could get the same card for elsewhere. It does not change the obvious sentiment.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
My cousin is a huge Omar fan, and has a legit collection that he has no clue what it's worth to these guys. His father has been the one buying him cards off Ebay for years, I need to get him to scan those puppies and SELL! He has auto's, 1/1's, prime GU, low inserts... Maybe I'll consign for him!!!

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
My cousin is a huge Omar fan, and has a legit collection that he has no clue what it's worth to these guys. His father has been the one buying him cards off Ebay for years, I need to get him to scan those puppies and SELL! He has auto's, 1/1's, prime GU, low inserts... Maybe I'll consign for him!!!

Now that would be very smart. His 1/1s would bring a small fortune. I wish I had that collection right now. I would pay off my house. lol

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Why is it great? Because it brings alot of money and attention to the hobby. It's good to have people with big pockets collecting cards. I bet if you ever pull a rare vizquel card and sell it for 10k you will think it's great!

It's not bringing attention to anyone not already paying attention... Trust me.

Your average person doesn't even realize sports cards still exist.

And despite the idiotic sums they are spending, it's a drop in the bucket to the hobby as a whole.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
It's not bringing attention to anyone not already paying attention... Trust me.

Your average person doesn't even realize sports cards still exist.

And despite the idiotic sums they are spending, it's a drop in the bucket to the hobby as a whole.

Wouldn't you be happy if you pulled a 1/1 vizquel and sold it to the guys for 10k?

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Last year I came in contact with the Thome buyer as he just was starting out. He funded my entire Griffey collection. He would literally overnight me cash sometimes. In about 6 months I made about 50k from him and I wasn't the only guy he was buying from. He was tons of stuff off eBay at the same time. It was just sheer luck I got outbid on 3 Thome cards and asked the seller to contact him. I sold my intitial Thome collection to him for $800 I paid $300 for. If I knew how much he really would of paid it was worth like 10k to him!

We can all hope to mind someone like that one day. Could be drug money, money laundering, won the lotto and bored who knows!

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Wouldn't you be happy if you pulled a 1/1 vizquel and sold it to the guys for 10k?

I think every person reading this would be happy to own a Vizquel 1/1 and make 10K from these idiot collectors. It isn't the point of this thread. I ask you are they smart in their approach or not? Would you spend thousand of dollars when you didn't have to? That is the point....

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I think every person reading this would be happy to own a Vizquel 1/1 and make 10K from these idiot collectors. It isn't the point of this thread. I ask you are they smart in their approach or not? Would you spend thousand of dollars when you didn't have to? That is the point....

If you have the money then yes. That's the point they have lots of money so it doesn't really matter.

Members online