Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How would you sell 10,000 '52 topps hi numbers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Unfortunately, this is a fantasy question from me :(

But imagine if you came into a find which also included a few hundred '52 mantle cards.

So here's the dilemma, how do you sell these WITHOUT "saturating" the market with them or even alerting the hobby?

Obviously, you're going to psa but that will blow up the population report drastically raising a million eyebrows.

I know Mr mint had this happen but that was during the mid 80s, totally completely different money involved now.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
First of all, I'd ask Kathy Ireland and Alison Brie since they'd be my Card Selling partners in the Dream. Then, I'd take a week off in the Tropics.

I'd actually not worry about "alerting the hobby". I'd advertise the find and sell them raw from that advertisement, letting the chips fall where they may...

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I'd slowly release anything PSA 8 or better and more quickly dump the lower grade stuff in raw set form, individual star cards, and team lots without stars.

Jun 27, 2013
Seattle, WA
First of all, I'd ask Kathy Ireland and Alison Brie since they'd be my Card Selling partners in the Dream. Then, I'd take a week off in the Tropics.

I'd actually not worry about "alerting the hobby". I'd advertise the find and sell them raw from that advertisement, letting the chips fall where they may...

I agree with this. Publicize the find and sell the cards simultaneously, capitalizing on the publicity and hopefully selling the bulk before any potential price decline due to "saturation".

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
after cleaning my shorts, (a couple hundred times) I would clean my shorts a few hundred more times.... then piece together the cleanest set possible and sell the rest in one bulk sale.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'd make the best set possible, then slowly trickle the rest out. I'm talking five to twenty cards a month, all different. I'd also do it in different markets so not all of them went to eBay. It would be my hopes that nobody knew I had them.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Why would I sell them? I'd put them on my wall, post a picture, and let the internet fight it out over whether they are real or not. Then watch the debates about how the sky is about to fall on 52T prices. The entertainment value from that would be worth far more than the few million I'd get for the cards.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
then piece together the cleanest set possible and sell the rest in one bulk sale.

As said, I'd build as good as set as possible.

Then I'd sell them off in smaller lots hoping that all the Hype would help the prices. And who knows, the general public and the Hype might get the prices up where the Graded ones would set at anyway...

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Grad the best sell the rest and make tons of money a few at a time.

OR

I would put them in the spokes of my bicycle tires, dump some in the ocean and have my mom throw out the rest.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Grad the best sell the rest and make tons of money a few at a time.

OR.

I would put them in the spokes of my bicycle tires, dump some in the ocean and have my mom throw out the rest.
Who doesn't love skipping 52 Topps on the water whilst drinking a 100 year old bottle of wine?!

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Sharing because I did the math

For the one at a time crew:
10,000 days = over 27 years
5,000 weeks (2 cards a week) = over 96 years

You should be able to make some nice cash selling quickly before screwing up the market, would 'for the good of the hobby' (if you think flooding the market with '52 Topps would hurt the hobby vs making the cards more affordable for all) stop you from making as much money as possible on this?

21ccl

Aug 26, 2012
You could sell the items in a lot. I take the Mantles and grade them.

Members online

No members online now.