Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

KRIS BRYANT IS MASHING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Times have changed since 2001....That was 15 years ago and the way things are with arbitration and free-agency, teams are trying to save themselves tons of money instead of spending tons of money in the long run. Pay $400,000 for one extra year vs 30 million or more for that year or lose him.....YES PLEASE!

Well, he has been mashing his entire minor league career, thus the excitement. Albert Pujols wasn't supposed to play in 2001, but he mashed in spring training and the Cards had no choice but to play him in the show. It doesn't matter if the guy can't play, but if he's a potential star talent, it's more evidence that you may have a special player on hand.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Bryant must know that he's going to AAA for financial reasons, etc, so I'm sure he's not trying his "rear end off" to make the team.

I think people are buying because they are getting to see how good he actually is, AFTER all the hype over the fall/winter.

Anyway, I am just happy to see the guy mash. Love when a guy can hit bombs with relative ease and also be a legit defender and a solid human being.

Id like to think all the young guys are busting their ass to make the team regardless if they know theyre going back down to the minors.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Id like to think all the young guys are busting their ass to make the team regardless if they know theyre going back down to the minors.

Agreed, I would hope so as well! What kind of idiot wouldn't have the pedal to the floor every day of spring while playing in front of the accumulated/entire organization and the big league skipper/GM you want to impress?

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Agreed, I would hope so as well! What kind of idiot wouldn't have the pedal to the floor every day of spring while playing in front of the accumulated/entire organization and the big league skipper/GM you want to impress?

It's different battling for a spot and just wanting to impress. Pressure is off in the 2nd instance. Such a one is not pressing to be better than another guy. His battle is merely to display his talent, and that flourishes when a player can relax. At least in most cases.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
It's different battling for a spot and just wanting to impress. Pressure is off in the 2nd instance. Such a one is not pressing to be better than another guy. His battle is merely to display his talent, and that flourishes when a player can relax. At least in most cases.

Good point.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

I was pissed when the astros didn't bring up Springer right away. In any case, I'd assume Bryant feels like if he can be good enough, maybe they can't say no? If I were him, that's what I'd do. If anything it might expedite the process some.

Members online