Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Picked up this patch awhile ago for CHEAP! Didn't research the patch until now on the patch (thanks to Tony's last post to get me started). This looks to be from a sleeve patch worn on all Dodgers jerseys in 1984. If so, I believe the jersey Topps is now using in the 2014+ cards might be from the jersey in this auction: http://www.milehighcardco.com/1984-fernando-valenzuela-los-angeles-dodgers-game--lot29078.aspx

The card:
tek9.jpg

Example of the sleeve patch worn in 1984:
Dodger-olympic-baseball.jpg

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Picked up this patch awhile ago for CHEAP! Didn't research the patch until now on the patch (thanks to Tony's last post to get me started). This looks to be from a sleeve patch worn on all Dodgers jerseys in 1984. If so, I believe the jersey Topps is now using in the 2014+ cards might be from the jersey in this auction: http://www.milehighcardco.com/1984-fernando-valenzuela-los-angeles-dodgers-game--lot29078.aspx

The card:
tek9.jpg

Great card and research! Looks like a proable match to me. Even better you got a steal on it :)

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Great card and research! Looks like a proable match to me. Even better you got a steal on it :)

Thanks! I was lucky to pick it up via Best Offer right when Triple Threads came out for the year. I've only seen this one and one other one with the sleeve logo and all others I can see have either a team letter patch, nameplate patch or number patch on them. It looks like the patches he has in Tier 1 that just released are from much later in his career with the Orioles since they are black and orange patches.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

The card:
tek9.jpg

Nice Job and even nicer card Alex. Fernandos patches are still pretty new and rare being a sleeve patch makes it that much better.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Here are some Ultimate patches I found, Mo and Jeets will eventually be in Hall of fame so posting these prematurely wont look as bad, lol

Last edited:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Nice Job and even nicer card Alex. Fernandos patches are still pretty new and rare being a sleeve patch makes it that much better.

Thanks Tony! Yeah, it has been fun reflecting back on a lot of the cards I have now and spending time trying to prove what auctions the jerseys came from since all of the wording now a days being used are so vague. That Joe Morgan is pretty great! Makes me REALLY miss the Clemente patch, but I wouldn't have the solid foundation I now have without the trade you hooked me up with :)

march23.jpg

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

The card:
tek9.jpg

Very nice alex!!!

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Love the schmidt! Speaking of jeter...here is my recent jeter pick up. It's the best jeter patch I've even seen. IMO ha. Jeter yankee home pinstripe patches are hard to come by, espically jumbo jeter home pinstripes. I finally found one :)

im sure there are better jeter patch cards...I have just searched for like 5 years to finally find a jumbo home pinstripe jeter patch!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 26

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Love the schmidt! Speaking of jeter...here is my recent jeter pick up. It's the best jeter patch I've even seen. IMO ha. Jeter yankee home pinstripe patches are hard to come by, espically jumbo jeter home pinstripes. I finally found one :)

im sure there are better jeter patch cards...I have just searched for like 5 years to finally find a jumbo home pinstripe jeter patch!

That's awesome! Now best jeter patch .... ummmm maybe not, lol, Best jeter patch with a pinstripe.... Possibly.
Nelson Jeter collection is incredible so he may have one that Rivals that one. With that said its still a Jeets.

Members online

Latest posts