Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Auto'ed Gold Infused Baseball Redemption - SHOCKING UPDATE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Hey, hey, check out the big brain on Brad!

Was unaware that 10 were sent to hobby stores... interesting that we never heard from any of them.

Brad, has Topps contacted you in any way -- or have you had any contact with them?

I said in my OP that along with the customer at my LCS who purchased two of these tickets online, my LCS was one of the shops who did get a golden ticket in their kit! They ended up giving it away in a give-away at the LCS during the product release. Also, in an old thread about this promotion, people shared links from shop owners who also found them in their kits..... PadresFan shared one of a shop owner he hates and that was trying to sell it for thousands of dollars, etc.

Anyways, I think we know of at least 3 or 4 golden tickets to retail and at least 2 or 3 pulled at LCS's in their kits

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the props guys. I agree that collectors need to take these a-holes on and Twitter is a good platform, as long as you don't go too far and get blocked. I hate Chris Olds because he was in a good position to do good for the hobby, but he chooses to be a puppet for Topps, and that PISSES me off. I'll be less insulting in regards to Topps, i didn't care if that turkey-necked idiot blocked me

I'm sure he is keeping in good graces with Topps so he can get a job there when Beckett folds, because that is really only a matter of time.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Isn't small claims court always a cheap and viable option in cases like this? If you paid, at auction, over $2,000 for basically a "promise note" from Topps for an item of theirs and they failed to follow through, it shouldn't be too hard to get a small claims decision in your favor. Maybe get Topps to at least pay you back what you paid for the redemption. Of course, I don't know for a fact this is a viable option, but am merely asking if it could be.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Isn't small claims court always a cheap and viable option in cases like this? If you paid, at auction, over $2,000 for basically a "promise note" from Topps for an item of theirs and they failed to follow through, it shouldn't be too hard to get a small claims decision in your favor. Maybe get Topps to at least pay you back what you paid for the redemption. Of course, I don't know for a fact this is a viable option, but am merely asking if it could be.

You would think. I'd like to hear it from [MENTION=2408]Bob Loblaw[/MENTION] or [MENTION=5506]alwayson22[/MENTION]

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
Id love to see Judge Judy tear Topps a new hole! On a serious note, I would think that there is a very good chance the verdict would be in the ticket holders favor. Determining value & damages would be solely up to the judge, which could be good or bad...... They may be a collector(I do know a judge who is an avid card collector) and be sympathetic, or they could view it as frivolous and toss the case out, or take Topps valuation. Of course there is no guarantee that Topps would pay if they lost , or even show up to defend themselves. I would think that they would rather have a default judgment in the plaintiffs favor than have their dirty laundry aired out in public.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Id love to see Judge Judy tear Topps a new hole! On a serious note, I would think that there is a very good chance the verdict would be in the ticket holders favor. Determining value & damages would be solely up to the judge, which could be good or bad...... They may be a collector(I do know a judge who is an avid card collector) and be sympathetic, or they could view it as frivolous and toss the case out, or take Topps valuation. Of course there is no guarantee that Topps would pay if they lost , or even show up to defend themselves. I would think that they would rather have a default judgment in the plaintiffs favor than have their dirty laundry aired out in public.

I was thinking that as well. But isn't that better than getting $500 to $1,000 in cases of a bad product for your $2,000+.

Members online

Latest posts