Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Yes. I've come to the conclusion that Mike has definitely decided to steal the box from the collectors here. He's had ample time to make good on his end and he clearly doesn't intend to do so. I've called a few times now and he doesn't pick up and he does not have a voicemail box that is set up. It's very possible, based on conversations that I've had with others, that he does a lot of slimy things and takes advantage of many people. He does not have a very good reputation as far as the hobby goes from what I can tell.

Old box is still MIA??

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Was there ever a thread started to list these scumbag scammers & POS traders in the hobby so we can all be aware????? Thought it was discussed to start a thread with all the banned members & why they were banned.

Isotopes should be #1 on the list if we need to start one......

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Was there ever a thread started to list these scumbag scammers & POS traders in the hobby so we can all be aware????? Thought it was discussed to start a thread with all the banned members & why they were banned.

Isotopes should be #1 on the list if we need to start one......

I'm pretty sure Chris or another Mod said a list is not something they want to do but am unclear why or just don't remember their reasoning.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Why was he allowed to participate then???
Did you read Bill's post?
"It's very possible, based on conversations that I've had with others, that he does a lot of slimy things and takes advantage of many people."
This would have come to light AFTER Mike stole the box, not BEFORE.
If it would have been known before, Mike (Isotopes4) would not have been allowed to participate.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
There's little discussion here short of filing charged with the Postal Inspector and local Police Office where the box was delivered, and where I believe his wife is still living. The thief has moved to South Carolina, so this could get really fun for him. We either forget it all...or hammer the hell out of him.

michael-useted-criminal.png

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
27127 is his zip code.

Last person with the box before him was spikes. We know Useted got the box for certain. He's confirmed receipt (though I don't have anything in writing about that).

What zip code was he living in?

Also, who was the last person with it?

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
27127 is his zip code.

Last person with the box before him was spikes. We know Useted got the box for certain. He's confirmed receipt (though I don't have anything in writing about that).

Mike responded on eBay. Terry, I just asked him to shop it directly to me. Sorry about that, but I just want to ensure I get it back at this point. I hope you understand. I will work something out with you to get the cards your way or go through the contents with you and ship you whatever you like. I will also ship you any specific packages that are in there for you. I promise you and I will figure it out together!

I've sent two follow up messages via eBay system and I have had no response from Mike after his initial response of "i will send it in the morning, just need your address," earlier in the week. Not really sure where to go from here.

Isnt the proof in your ebay messages?

Also, wouldnt Spikes have shipped with DC? Its a priority package, if he shipped with paypal shipping then he has a DC # and can prove delivery.

Last edited:

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
as a "newbie" I'm OK with just starting with what we got, not knowing what was lost is not going to affect me at all

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
I did sent with DC. I just have to locate the receipt. Once I get it I'll post it. Also I do have a box that have been ready to ship to Bill for 2 weeks (about 5 pounds heavy); but during this time in my life all had taken a back seat. I will try and send it on Friday but cant assure anything.

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!

sruchris

Jun 30, 2010
Just curious as to if you were ever going to send @mmier118 the cards that were accidentally sent to you as you said you would?

He never received them? I mailed it out, with a bunch of other packages, weeks ago as soon as I received it by mistake. I nearly turned my house upside-down looking for it last night.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Thanks Melvyn! I hope you can mail it. There is still time before box 2 as I am waiting on a few other shipments to build the box.

Just as a running list, these folks mentioned they would send and I am just waiting for arrival:
[MENTION=2915]spikes[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4449]sabrgeek[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2413]MojoDan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=7892]kerryfan5[/MENTION]
[MENTION=9071]Enfuego79[/MENTION]

If any of you want to come off this list, just let me know! Maybe middle of next week we can get the box going. I will take a couple more people as well if others want to participate (you don't have to send anything to start the box... we'll have enough). [MENTION=7174]cubfanbudman[/MENTION] - Andrew, you mentioned you were interested if we did this again, so just checking in with you! I will update thread post 1 with participants.

I did sent with DC. I just have to locate the receipt. Once I get it I'll post it. Also I do have a box that have been ready to ship to Bill for 2 weeks (about 5 pounds heavy); but during this time in my life all had taken a back seat. I will try and send it on Friday but cant assure anything.

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!

Last edited: