Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

@@L@@k@@Wednesday Morning Thread@@@l@@k@@

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I've been summoned for jury duty once. The system is a little different up here though. I received a very generous payout for gas to get to the courthouse, but a per diem is only paid if the trial goes longer than a certain number of weeks. Employers are required to allow their employees to go for jury duty and have to pay them their regular wages under the company benefits plan.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good morning, E!
I've lived here in P.C. for almost 15 years, with the exception of being stationed in D.C. for a year, and have never been summoned for jury duty. As a civilian DOD employee, I could keep whatever compensation was given and my daily pay would not be effected.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I seem to get called as often as it is possible to be called. Each time was a waste of time because I was a Correction Officer so I was dismissed when they reviewed my paperwork. Only one time I was not dismissed because it was a civil case. I was actually picked for the case but it settled before it went to trial.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Big thumbs up on that one.

Cloudy and low 40 ' s here today. Been a very mild winter so far. Almost no snowpack. If it's hot next summer the water levels are going to plummet.
Can't wait to get hiking and fishing again

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Big thumbs up on that one.

Cloudy and low 40 ' s here today. Been a very mild winter so far. Almost no snowpack. If it's hot next summer the water levels are going to plummet.
Can't wait to get hiking and fishing again

My family up in Fairbanks have all remarked how sparse the snow has been this year. Should make for a decent breakup and low mosquito levels.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
I get called every two years for jury duty, but have never served on one.

The closest I got was up until the prosecutor guy asked me about my take on the medical field. He cut me off in mid-harangue and I was excused.

Go figure...

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Happy with my two boxes of 2014 ELITE, as I got 9 autos in one box and 10 in the other. Plus, three of the autos were Yankees, including Luis Severino, Jordan Montgomery and Mark Payton (Status 36/75). Most are on card autos, though a few are stickers. Only one redemption and that was for Adrian Rondon.
DANNY

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Sadly it just learned that it was not the charger that crapped out. There is a problem with my laptop. I was using it just fine last night. I tried 2 other chargers with it, and neither work. My charger, that I thought was the culprit, works just fine on my girlfriends laptop. I'll be heading home tomorrow to grab my moms laptop from her since she rarely uses it

A_Pharis

Sadly it just learned that it was not the charger that crapped out. There is a problem with my laptop. I was using it just fine last night. I tried 2 other chargers with it, and neither work. My charger, that I thought was the culprit, works just fine on my girlfriends laptop. I'll be heading home tomorrow to grab my moms laptop from her since she rarely uses it

-Make sure laptop is unplugged.
-Remove battery.
-Hold down power button for 15 seconds to flush the power from the board
-Leave the battery out, but plug it in
-Try to turn it on.
-If it boots, put battery back in, and you should be good to go.
-If it doesn't boot, your AC port is shot.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
-Remove battery.
-Try to turn it on.

I actually just got it working again. The strange thing is, when I had it unplugged and took the battery out, then plugged it in to turn it on, it did nothing. I then put the battery back in, plugged in the laptop, and then took the battery out and it worked. Thankfully it was an easy fix lol. Now its time to get some homework and paperwork for a class done

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
-Remove battery.
-Try to turn it on.

I just tried this with a laptop I've got, no such luck.
Doesn't boot up or even attempt to start more than a few seconds.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
That sucks out loud. It's not as if you're choosing to take the time away from work.

+1!

In the States you guys probably hear the same stuff as we do about jury duty being your civic duty and your obligation as a citizen in a democratic society, etc. There should therefore be a system in place so that people don't have to lose wages or vacation time while on jury duty.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
+1!

In the States you guys probably hear the same stuff as we do about jury duty being your civic duty and your obligation as a citizen in a democratic society, etc. There should therefore be a system in place so that people don't have to lose wages or vacation time while on jury duty.

Hear, hear!! So, when are you moving here and running for public office?;-)

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Picked these up last night. Really like this kid and think he will be a nice investment.

View attachment 45206
View attachment 45207
Picture226.jpg

hope he does better than the former Crawdad did

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I know this is about Baseball in the MT and most of you probably know this already but I only stumbled on this card and story today: MJ #12 .....
image-33.jpg

MJ wore Number 12 one game on Valetines Day in 1990 after his jersey was stolen from the Bulls locker room in Orlando. The Bulls had a replacement jersey with number 12 on it and no name on the back. It was famously captured in the 1990-91 Hoops Sam Vincent basketball card I posted above. I grabbed on on COMC today just for the heck of it.

Members online