Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Mailbox. Rabbit hunting has been good lately!

maranville23W515-1.jpg

Very cool!!!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Got a call about 15 minutes ago. It was from the job I applied for. I start on May 6th, and will be working 40 hours a week. Thankfully I got it, and the 6th is the start of the pay period for them so I will have a full 2 weeks on my first paycheck. One nice thing is that I will be able to get my week off for vacation as well. When I got the call though I was a little confused. When I first got the paper with the information for the job it had the pay rate on it, well the lady on the phone also told me what the pay rate was, but it was $0.20/hr higher. I'm really hoping that's the case. It adds up fast, $1+ more every day

thejackaryman8

Sep 11, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
Got a call about 15 minutes ago. It was from the job I applied for. I start on May 6th, and will be working 40 hours a week. Thankfully I got it, and the 6th is the start of the pay period for them so I will have a full 2 weeks on my first paycheck. One nice thing is that I will be able to get my week off for vacation as well. When I got the call though I was a little confused. When I first got the paper with the information for the job it had the pay rate on it, well the lady on the phone also told me what the pay rate was, but it was $0.20/hr higher. I'm really hoping that's the case. It adds up fast, $1+ more every day

Congrats man! I'm in the process of finding something new too. Oil fields is getting frustrating with never being home.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Congrats man! I'm in the process of finding something new too. Oil fields is getting frustrating with never being home.

Well mine is just for the summer since I have school during the rest of the year. I'm going to be working out at the State Veteran's Cemetery. A lot of mowing and weed pulling for me this summer. I was talking to the manager of the cemetery and he was telling me about how so many people have high expectations for the cemetery. Towards the end of last October they had complaints of the grass turning brown. Its October in the middle of Nebraska! What more do they want?

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota

Congrats man! The 40 hour a week summer jobs are great!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Well mine is just for the summer since I have school during the rest of the year. I'm going to be working out at the State Veteran's Cemetery. A lot of mowing and weed pulling for me this summer. I was talking to the manager of the cemetery and he was telling me about how so many people have high expectations for the cemetery. Towards the end of last October they had complaints of the grass turning brown. Its October in the middle of Nebraska! What more do they want?

Congrats on the summer job. The chicks will dig your tan by fall semester. I did mowing and tree planting for a golf course two summers in my college years. Good honest work.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Thanks guys. Its nice to have a job lined up for summer already. Last year I didn't get a job until sometime in July, and it only last about a month. It wasn't the greatest job either, especially since I didn't get along with the janitors in the school and one of them was my girlfriend's uncle. He thought he was my boss, but I wasn't even under them.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good afternoon all!
It's my Friday and a great weekend weather wise is in store.
George & Brad - Fantastic cards!!!:eek: I always say it's a shame they can't talk.
Zach - Congrats on the summer job!:D
Alex - Great video, sir!:cool:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Evening gents! Cranking away here at work and listening to the draft about to get going. As a Browns fan, I'm not holding my breath lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts