Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How complex is your process for cataloguing your PC??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
To be honest, it depends on the card. If it's a Bagwell, I have to mark it off the checklist and add it to my total. I don't even know why I keep a total anymore. Guess it's just fun to feel like I'm getting somewhere? In any case, if it's not a Bagwell, I just pull it out of whatever heavily used almost dead toploader and penny sleeve it was shipped in and plant it in a new one. Then it goes into a stack I keep alphabetized until it gets spliced into my boxes. If it's a rookie, GU, or auto, it gets spliced into the front of that player's area in the box. I used to just sleeve and top load them and splice them randomly but that took way too long. So now I make sure the stack is alphabetical order and it takes me no more than 30 minutes to go through a stack of 200+. It used to be quicker but I find myself actually looking through the cards so I do get side tracked.

This will sound confusing as hell but eventually, in the next year or so, I'm going to sort all my Bagwell cards into the exact order my checklist is in. It will take a long time but I feel it will be better that way and make it easier to locate stuff when I need to splice new stuff in. Plus it'll be neat to see a complete rainbow or master run of his cards from one set or brand. I keep all my cards in order by year for him and all my doubles are mixed in. The doubles are all together and I keep them that way, but they need to be in actual order by the checklist. Because any time I get a double, I don't have a doubles box. So to avoid confusion, I just make damn sure I find the exact card I have a double of and put them together. That way it's not a complete mess. And lately I've been trying to group stuff together. Like I might find a Pacific card from Crown Royale and it might be an insert that I just stuck at the front of that years area in the box. So if I'm digging through trying to find other stuff, I pull it out and when I find a few other cards, parallels, and inserts from that set, I put them all together so that even though the box isn't in total order, the brands are. And if I get a new card that is a parallel of a card I already have, I'm OCD enough to have to find the base version and put it right next to it.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I have all of my Henderson stuff broken down into 34 categories (books, magazines, cards, gloves, ect.) I use Word and it looks something like this.

MINOR LEAGUE MEMORIBILIA
(INCLUDES ALL ITEMS RELATED TO MINORS)

1) 1976 OAKLAND TECH HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOK (INSIDE)
2) 1976 BOISE CONTRACT REQUEST LETTER FOR OAKLAND A’S
3) 1977 CHONG MODESTO A’S #5
4) 1978 BRISTOL RED SOX PROGRAM w/JERSEY CITY ROSTER SHEET
5) 1978 JERSEY CITY A’S POSTCARD (B&W, AUTO)
6) 1978 JERSEY CITY INDIANS POCKET SCHEDULE (NO PIC)
7) 1978 JERSEY CITY INDIANS SCHEDULE POSTER (NO PIC., AUTO)
8) 1978 JERSEY CITY INDIANS SCORECARD w/ LINE-UP SHEET (NO PIC.)
9) 1978 JERSEY CITY INDIANS POSTCARD (B&W, AUTO.)
10) 1978 MODESTO A’S PROGRAM (INSIDE)
11) 1979 OGDEN A’S PROGRAM (AUTO-INSIDE)
12) 1979 TCMA OGDEN A’S #9
13) 1982 CACTUS LEAGUE PROGRAM (INSIDE)
14) 1983 COLT WORLD SERIES PROGRAM (COVER ART)
15) 1983 SPOKANE INDIANS PROGRAM (COVER)
16) 1985 WATERBURY INDIANS PROGRAM (INSIDE)

This works perfect for me since I collect just about everything. If something comes in, I know exactly what list it goes on. I also back everything up to 2 locations since I did lose it all once before. I also print it out once a year. I have all cards stored in monster boxes and all larger items in binders broken down by year. Also have tons of other items in closets due to lack of room.

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I have all of my Henderson stuff broken down into 34 categories (books, magazines, cards, gloves, ect.) I use Word and it looks something like this.

MINOR LEAGUE MEMORIBILIA
(INCLUDES ALL ITEMS RELATED TO MINORS)

1) 1976 OAKLAND TECH HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOK (INSIDE)
2) 1976 BOISE CONTRACT REQUEST LETTER FOR OAKLAND A’S
3) 1977 CHONG MODESTO A’S #5
4) 1978 BRISTOL RED SOX PROGRAM w/JERSEY CITY ROSTER SHEET
5) 1978 JERSEY CITY A’S POSTCARD (B&W, AUTO)
6) 1978 JERSEY CITY INDIANS POCKET SCHEDULE (NO PIC)
7) 1978 JERSEY CITY INDIANS SCHEDULE POSTER (NO PIC., AUTO)
8) 1978 JERSEY CITY INDIANS SCORECARD w/ LINE-UP SHEET (NO PIC.)
9) 1978 JERSEY CITY INDIANS POSTCARD (B&W, AUTO.)
10) 1978 MODESTO A’S PROGRAM (INSIDE)
11) 1979 OGDEN A’S PROGRAM (AUTO-INSIDE)
12) 1979 TCMA OGDEN A’S #9
13) 1982 CACTUS LEAGUE PROGRAM (INSIDE)
14) 1983 COLT WORLD SERIES PROGRAM (COVER ART)
15) 1983 SPOKANE INDIANS PROGRAM (COVER)
16) 1985 WATERBURY INDIANS PROGRAM (INSIDE)

This works perfect for me since I collect just about everything. If something comes in, I know exactly what list it goes on. I also back everything up to 2 locations since I did lose it all once before. I also print it out once a year. I have all cards stored in monster boxes and all larger items in binders broken down by year. Also have tons of other items in closets due to lack of room.

Off topic , but that is some neat early stuff IMO.

Ryan

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
For my Bonds PC: 1. Highlight card title in my checklist binder to notify that I now own it. 2. Add card to my Microsoft Word 'havelist' document. 3. Add card to appropriate binder where space has been left for it's position (organized by year and alphabetized). If it's GU, auto or high end, put in one touch.

Members online

Latest posts