Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DAVID PRICE TRADED TO THE BLUE JAYS FOR DANIEL NORRIS/MATT BOYD/JAIRO LABOURT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Will update the thread title as details become known.

WOW. First Tulo, now him.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
david price is going to toronto. norris is going back in deal.

Last edited:

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
You think he'll sign or just a rental? That's hefty for a rental

Management would have to break their #1 rule on contracts. (ie- nothing longer than 5yrs). I would hope that Price would be the exception to that rule. They have the money- I don't know if they have the huevos to open the wallet all the way. This is a make or break year for AA. I bet he trades away EE for another arm.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
After last season, scouts were pretty lukewarm on Boyd. At best a #5 /AAAA type guy. After an offseason weighted ball program he gained a few ticks on his fastball - from 88-90 to 93-95. Solid curve and change. He could be mid-rotation guy. HR's are an issue though.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Labourt is a work in progress. Big lefty with a FB in the mid-90's, good slider and change. Consistency is a big issue. If he can work on that he will shoot up in the rankings pretty fast. He was the only Jays player in the Futures game so the potential is definitely there.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Price was lights out filthy yesterday. Nice to have playoff atmosphere again up here in Toronto (and area).
Since the Sox are pretty much out of it I'm rooting for the Jays to take the AL East. Good to see them make a push and go for it :)

Members online

Latest posts