Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1996 Fleer Tiffany Gold variation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Hello all! I joined these boards specifically for this thread. I recently purchased a 1996 Fleer Tiffany set (regular set not update) that was in 9 pocket pages and looked like it had been stored away for a while. I started looking at the set and noticed that many had gold foil and not the silver foil. I thought that I was going to have to return the set as the gold were all regular cards. But I took one out of the sheets and saw that it had the glossy finish and realized that all of the gold had glossy finish.

So I went to google "1996 fleer tiffany gold" and found these boards and this thread. All told I have approx. 280 of the 600 card tiffany set with gold foil and glossy finish! My original plan before discovering gold :) was to sell by team sets (or lots if some of the major stars were PSA worthy). With the golds I am not sure how to move forward. My first instinct is to sell the cards individually by 10 day auction.

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Albert

That was a great pickup Albert, I went after that set also. I noticed the first page had 3 Gold tiffanys and 6 of the regular version. I thought man, even if 33% of those cards came out as the gold tiffanys that would be a score. I should have pushed my bid higher ;-) But great pickup and welcome to the boards.

If I were you I would sell the individual stars by themselves. If they are grade worthy it may be worth sending in for grading.

Last edited:

aanewport

Apr 23, 2016
Thank you all for the welcomes. As mentioned in my earlier post my inclination right now is to list them individually as 10 day auctions and see what happens.
When I sell PSA cards or other singles I use closed auctions and/or resources like vcp. But for these singles, there are so few closed auctions when I search ebay that I really do not know what would be asking too much or too little for individual cards. I have received many requests on posts or PM's for individual cards. I will be prepping the cards for auction on Monday and will post whether or not I have the individual cards. I will probably list on Wednesday and Thursday 5/4 and 5/5 to end Saturday and Sunday 5/14 and 5/15.

Thanks again!

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
Might as well ask if you have a Griffey :)

When you list, please send me a link to your listings.

Thanks,
Tim

aanewport

Apr 23, 2016
So I started a yes and no list of stars, hof, etc. Yes = the gold tiffany version, no = the regular silver tiffany version. I believe in the list I compiled (72 of the 600) I covered any requests that were mentioned here. Cards are in order as they appear in the set, sorry did not get a chance to alphabetize or sort by requests.
All of the yes will be listed on Thursday 5/5 and end on Sunday 5/15. The only exception is Jeter - I am 50/50 on keeping or selling it, it will literally be a coin flip on Thursday morning!

Thanks again!

(38) Yes – Harold Baines, Cal Ripken Jr., Jose Canseco, Jim Edmonds, Tim Salmon, Lee Smith, Albert Belle, Orel Hershiser, Eddie Murray, Jim Thome, Omar Vizquel, Dave Winfield, Lou Whitaker, Gary Gaetti, Paul Molitor, Kirby Puckett, Wade Boggs, Derek Jeter, Don Mattingly, Andy Pettitte, Mariano Rivera, Dennis Eckersley, Mark McGwire, Will Clark, Juan Gonzalez, Ivan Rodriguez, Roberto Alomar, Joe Carter, Carlos Delgado, Shawn Green, Dave Justice, Fred McGriff, John Smoltz, Larry Walker, Gary Sheffield, Jeff Bagwell, Craig Biggio, Deion Sanders
(34) No – Mike Mussina, Roger Clemens, Jim Abbott, Tim Raines, Frank Thomas, Manny Ramirez, Alan Trammell, Paul O’Neill, Darryl Strawberry, Bernie Williams, Rickey Henderson, Ken Griffey Jr., Randy Johnson, Edgar Martinez, Alex Rodriguez, John Olerud, Tom Glavine, Chipper Jones, Greg Maddux, Mark Grace, Ryne Sandberg, Sammy Sosa, Barry Larkin, Andre Dawson, Hideo Nomo, Mike Piazza, Pedro Martinez, Curt Schilling, Ozzie Smith, Tony Gwynn, Trevor Hoffman, Fernando Valenzuela, Barry Bonds, Matt Williams

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Thanks aanewport for listing the tiffany gold foil Puckett card on eBay. I was fortunate to win it! I'm now looking for the matte finish/silver foil variation of the card for Puckett. Please let me know if anyone has one available. Thanks, Jeremy!

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Same here!
Thanks aanewport for listing the tiffany gold foil Puckett card on eBay. I was fortunate to win it! I'm now looking for the matte finish/silver foil variation of the card for Puckett. Please let me know if anyone has one available. Thanks, Jeremy!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yep, thanks a lot for listing these! I ended up winning the Alomar card. I had figured that gold foil tiffany was just one of those phantom cards floating around out there - maybe - that you only hear about on message boards...

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Welcome to the board Albert. Cool stuff about the 1996 Fleer. Sorry I missed out on the auctions. I'm still trying to figure out what Thome versions I have.:confused: Here are the 3 versions I think I have:
1. Gold matte #102
2. Holo Gold Tiffany#102 (really looks kind of bronze though)
3. Silver Tiffany #17 of 20
So I'm guessing I'm just missing the Silver matte #102 ?
Seems like there should be 2 cards #ed 102 and 2 #ed 17 of 20?
Any help is appreciated.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
OK, figured out part of it. 9 teams had team sets of this card, in tiffany, numbered up to 20. That explains the 17 of 20 card of Thome I have. So, if you are lucky, and I am right, you could have 5 cards of your player. Cal Ripken Jr. collectors are in luck.:D

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
I'd like to thank you, too. It completed the Clark rainbow for me:

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 194

Members online