Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cleveland Indians win 22nd in a row to set the AL record!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!

jb topps indians.png

Just got this in the mail today....

2017 immaculate jay bruce.jpg
2017 immaculate 1/5 Jay Bruce - Dont know why he's still in a Cincy uniform but I'm kinda glad he is!

Fordman

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The irony of the "Moneyball" team losing its' record on the same day the A's announce yet another stadium pitch is pretty annoying...

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
The irony of the "Moneyball" team losing its' record on the same day the A's announce yet another stadium pitch is pretty annoying...

I've never understood why professional sports teams want the tax payers to build their palaces to play.

Fordman

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I've never understood why professional sports teams want the tax payers to build their palaces to play.

Fordman

Because in most cases the city does it! It's kinda like blackmail in that the city is held hostage by the team threatening to move otherwise, especially in the NFL...

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Because in most cases the city does it! It's kinda like blackmail in that the city is held hostage by the team threatening to move otherwise, especially in the NFL...

Yeah, both the Reds & Bengals threatened to move across the river to KY. Maybe the cities need to call a team's bluff because the owners just cant up and move without the league's consent first. Since they got one city to do it 40 years ago, now they all do it.

Fordman

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I'm not really a fan of the Indians (I don't dislike them either. I just don't usually follow them) but I'm rooting for them to break the record tomorrow because this is great for baseball.

I'm for anything that brings positive attention back to baseball. It's certainly more entertaining news than Harper getting a new haircut.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I'm not really a fan of the Indians (I don't dislike them either. I just don't usually follow them) but I'm rooting for them to break the record tomorrow because this is great for baseball.

I'm for anything that brings positive attention back to baseball. It's certainly more entertaining news than Harper getting a new haircut.

They already did break the AL record today as they beat Detroit 5-3 for their 21st win in a row..

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
They already did break the AL record today as they beat Detroit 5-3 for their 21st win in a row..

Yeah I know that. I was speaking to the major league record. As of yesterday I did not consider the Giants streak legit (because of the tie game) but rather considered the Cubs as having the longest (21, currently tied with the '17 Indians)...

HOWEVER, after reading the entire facts of the 1916 Giants streak this morning...

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/254094414/indians-are-chasing-history-and-1916-giants/

Looks like the Giants 26 game winning streak is in fact legit.

After 12 straight wins one of the games ended in a tie due to weather but that game didn't count at all and was completely made up the following day. Back then when tie games were rained out they had to play the entire game again. They didn't have the current suspension rules we have today. That tie game should just be completely forgotten. I no longer believe there should be controversy surrounding this streak.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
22 in a row! 10th inning walk-off. Nicely done.

That was a crazy one.

I would really like to see them break the record but man, that's going to be ever so tough to accomplish. I mean, 22 wins was a nearly impossible goal to reach in it's own right, especially in the modern era. In all honesty I don't think they can do it but I'm really, really pulling for them to.

I mean, just a few days ago I was thinking 21 games was the longest in history and how difficult that would be. Now I discover the 1916 record was legit all along and have to witness 4 more wins in a row just to tie it?!? Crazy....

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
22 wins in a row really is amazing. I hope they break the Giants record of 26. Terry Francona deserves a lot of credit for this streak in addition to the players.