Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It's Officially Top 100 Prospect List Season (So Here's Mine)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Who has the potential to make the biggest jump on this list as the season progresses? Austin Meadows and David Dahl come to mind for me.

I like your Dahl pick and would like to add Barreto to that.

Thanks for the list J.P.

Why so low on Alex Meyer? and why so high on C.J. Edwards?

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I like your Dahl pick and would like to add Barreto to that.

Thanks for the list J.P.

I'm guessing Meyer's age has to play a role, and he didn't exactly dominate last year like many had hoped (myself included since I've been high on him since the Twins acquired him)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

Meyer's delivery needs to be more consistent; his control wavers as a result.

Edwards has great life on his FB, and above-average secondary stuff. (I believe he's given up only two HRs in his career thus far). When he's healthy he could be a future #2 SP, IMO. Just needs to be durable, and eat more.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Nice list Jaypers, thanks for sharing.

I'm surprised that Nick Gordon didn't make your list.

After his strong AFL performance Rosario make your top "125" so to speak.. how about Alen Hanson?

What are the chances James Taillon see Pittsburgh this year?

Who has the potential to make the biggest jump on this list as the season progresses? Austin Meadows and David Dahl come to mind for me.

Urias, R.Castillo, Winker, Meadows, and Devers-- five that pop out to me to be in your "potential to make the biggest jump" group. Possibly Ed.Rod if he keeps it up.

Last edited:

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Why Alfaro at 100? Seems like he maybe the best catching prospect [who can actually catch] in the minors.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Why Alfaro at 100? Seems like he maybe the best catching prospect [who can actually catch] in the minors.

That honor goes to Swihart. As for Alfaro, his pitch recognition needs work, as do his receiving skills. He committed 23 passed balls in 90 games.

ktemme

Dec 14, 2013
Thanks for sharing your list JP.

How close was Chance Sisco to cracking your top 100? How does his defensive game stack up against other prospects?

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Solid list JP. Hoping the oter guys are as high on the Royals farm, as you appear.

Some gutsy placement on some of those guys. Kudos, and I agree. Especially like seeing Oswaldo Arcia on there. That's a kid I've snagged in dynasty leagues, two years ago.

One question: where do you have Miguel Almonte? I realize our farm is loaded with high quality arms, but something tells me he could be one of the top 3, by the end of this season. He just needs to harness the control a bit.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Thanks for sharing your list JP.

How close was Chance Sisco to cracking your top 100? How does his defensive game stack up against other prospects?

He wasn't particularly close. No plus tools. Solid catcher, though.

Solid list JP. Hoping the oter guys are as high on the Royals farm, as you appear.

Some gutsy placement on some of those guys. Kudos, and I agree. Especially like seeing Oswaldo Arcia on there. That's a kid I've snagged in dynasty leagues, two years ago.

One question: where do you have Miguel Almonte? I realize our farm is loaded with high quality arms, but something tells me he could be one of the top 3, by the end of this season. He just needs to harness the control a bit.

I listed Orlando Arcia - Oswaldo's younger brother.

Almonte would probably be in the 111-115 range.