Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
How much is too much Mac? If you don't mind sharing?

Ended up paying over $100, which is okay for me right now but didn't think it would hit that high.

I saw the Atomic like less than a year ago and lost that thinking it would be like $50 and it went for over $100. Those are like impossible to find, so probably missed it when I saw it.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Ended up paying over $100, which is okay for me right now but didn't think it would hit that high.

I saw the Atomic like less than a year ago and lost that thinking it would be like $50 and it went for over $100. Those are like impossible to find, so probably missed it when I saw it.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

No harm done man. Got a good card of your player you needed! I paid a small fortune for mine though I can't remember what it was. They are very very hard to find. I honestly think Bagwell gets listed under one of the other players on the card when it hits ebay. I've never seen one for sale that I recall. I got mine from a fellow board member.

U L Washington Rookie

Dec 7, 2012
D Town
e339d24e-11dd-42d7-be94-2f16e58bb335_zps1555b1d6.jpg

riveraXVX

May 6, 2011
Greensboro NC
not an insert really and I went back about 10 pages and didn't see mention - but has anyone checked out the cut sheet of aqueous test cards (and an uncut sheet they sold) this person is selling / sold ? looks to have had at least a sheet with the stamping on the back and at least two sheets of player front / another player front backed with one side having the "gloss" and one side not

http://stores.ebay.com/Langes-Sports

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Whenever I see people price cards like this I see it as two things...

One - exposure and or trying to get someone to reach out to them outside of eBay,
Two- just hoping that someone will cut their arm off and actually spend that much money.

Truth be told, I have listed a few thing like this as well just to get some exposure...

Check this out on eBay

hairyharold

Mar 20, 2014
thanks guys! thought at the price and the rarity it was a good deal. as a mets fan, piazza is my main guy i collect, but vlad was my favorite non met player. most his stuff is really underpriced imo

Sep 11, 2009
No harm done man. Got a good card of your player you needed! I paid a small fortune for mine though I can't remember what it was. They are very very hard to find. I honestly think Bagwell gets listed under one of the other players on the card when it hits ebay. I've never seen one for sale that I recall. I got mine from a fellow board member.

It probably gets listed under Frank Thomas but they do hardly ever come up. Does your Bagwell say refractor under the number? I am currently looking for the version of Thomas/Bagwell that is a refractor but does not say refractor under the number if anybody knows were I can find one. Here's my 2 I have.
1997_Bowmans_Best_Mirror_Image_Inverted_Ref.jpg1997_Bowmans_Best_Mirror_Image_Inverted_Atomic_Ref.jpg

Sep 11, 2009
Was completely oblivious to this until i just saw this post. I checked and I had one copy with the copyright to the far right as opposed to a dozen or more copies with it right next to the foil Leaf shield. It is crazy to think that the differences in these two cards are just that. The backs looked identical as far as I could tell.

The backs also have slightly different cropping.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Back in the 90s, I was pretty excited about collecting Frank Thomas, but it became overwhelming. I really liked a lot of the colorful and creative inserts back then. Some probably have little value now and others may surprise me. I was more of a visual collector though. Here are a number of favorites of mine with a few that I thought I would include to get some feedback to see if they are tougher copies or more common. I don't think I have anything too terribly exciting or rare. On a side note, is there a way to keep those acetate donruss cards from yellowing? They all seemed to have done that and the only reason I can think of is the soft sleeve. They have been boxed and kept from smoke, sunlight, etc.

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
It probably gets listed under Frank Thomas but they do hardly ever come up. Does your Bagwell say refractor under the number? I am currently looking for the version of Thomas/Bagwell that is a refractor but does not say refractor under the number if anybody knows were I can find one. Here's my 2 I have.
View attachment 36685View attachment 36686

Mine isn't the variation. But seeing as how I have had hell finding any at all, I'll take what I can get for now.

Members online